Picked up our new fiver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mowin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 hemi
Question....how do you get it so level????

Mine sits about 5 inches nose high and I can't fix it!!!

Sometimes you can raise you pinbox to lower the nose of the 5er. But that may reduce the recommended 6" clearance between the 5er and bed rails.

The next option is to flip your axles so there under the springs. If there already flipped, the next option you can gain some height by going to a larger tire and rim.

Most bring the 5er to a good frame/spring shop and have a subframe built and installed between the axles and Springs.

Check out rv.net in the Fifth wheel section for tons of info on leveling a 5er

I'm surprised your 2016 is sitting nose high.. my 2014 Laredo is perfect for my 3500.

Last edited:

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sometimes you can raise you pinbox to lower the nose of the 5er. But that may reduce the recommended 6" clearance between the 5er and bed rails.

The next option is to flip your axles so there under the springs. If there already flipped, the next option you can gain some height by going to a larger tire and rim.

Most bring the 5er to a good frame/spring shop and have a subframe built and installed between the axles and Springs.

Check out rv.net in the Fifth wheel section for tons of info on leveling a 5er

I'm surprised your 2016 is sitting nose high.. my 2014 Laredo is perfect for my 3500.

Thanks for the reply....I have the pin box all the way up and have about 6-7 inches of clearance above the bed rails....ok there.

My axles are on the bottom of the springs from the factory, so I cant flip them....

Also I have the hitch in the bottom adjustment hole....ugh

I'm thinking about spacer blocks between the spring and axle like is often done with the rear on truck lift kits....ideas??

mowin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 hemi
Thanks for the reply....I have the pin box all the way up and have about 6-7 inches of clearance above the bed rails....ok there.

My axles are on the bottom of the springs from the factory, so I cant flip them....

Also I have the hitch in the bottom adjustment hole....ugh

I'm thinking about spacer blocks between the spring and axle like is often done with the rear on truck lift kits....ideas??

Sounds like a subframe is your answer. Not sure about spacer blocks. Check out RV.net. lots a great people and you could read for days about the same issue your having. Might be a simpler solution I haven't read about.

Good luck. And happy camping.