Rear Air suspention

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcajd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
My 2016 2500 Limited has rear air suspension. This is my 4th Ram. Any experience towing with air?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yup...works like a dream. With the cabin controls you can even fine tweak it but I've never done that. It levels out automatically and off I go.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
There is a control for Alternate Height in the center stack.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi

does the 2500 air ride work differently from the 1500 set up? the 1500 with air ride i drove pretty much defaulted to normal ride height when driving and economy mode when cruising at highway speed. it wouldnt allow any other height when cruising above 40 mph.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins

Got it, when you said tweak I was thinking something different than one of the modes.

does the 2500 air ride work differently from the 1500 set up? the 1500 with air ride i drove pretty much defaulted to normal ride height when driving and economy mode when cruising at highway speed. it wouldnt allow any other height when cruising above 40 mph.

On the HDs, the air is only on the rear axle and it is more about air leveling than air suspension. Its design purpose is to keep the truck at two predefined ride rakes, standard and level. It also maintains a even left to right level and is dynamic in its operation.

Totesmygoats

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wish the 1500 had a "level" option. There's no (good) reason to have a forward rake with adjustable suspension that doesn't sag when loaded. I've been thinking about tracking down whatever height sensor is responsible and mucking with it.