Recovery/tow strap recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cardhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bill Vista Recovery Bible
If your using the full size 5/8 pin there is no way your going to bend it in your 2 x 2 receiver with any proper rated strap for kinetic recover. That strap should shred long before you deform that pin.

I run a 17600 lb ARB strap (8000 Kg) You can buy twice that capacity but unless your a loaded 3500 pulling out a semi i'll take as much stretch as i can get to do the work with less shock.
ARB Snatch Strap 17,600lb (ARB705)

Used it to pull out a stuck F150 tied to Ram Sport quad CAB burried in a snow drift at my ice shack with a 4500 lb Jeep liberty. Roll slow till you find the right amount of force ( speed) required.

I have one of the hitch mounted bars with room for a 3/4 inch shackle. Got it on a deal on it when i bought a hitch with free shipping. If i didn't I'd be using the straight 5/8 pin. Shackles just make it convenient.

Other options are:
Beaver Step - Smittybilt

Weighs a ton and is quick with no shackle but your putting a 180 deg bend at the eye if your a purest about choking your strap.

No hooks on anything elastic. screw shackles are all i carry 5/8 to 3/4 in size in my fancy Rambox.

Still have a harbor freight strap that i abuse when i need to be more abusive in choking around something like the chains through bolted to the skids on my ice shack that doens't cost $$$.