RV extended warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You guys with RV experience, is a 7yr extended warranty worth the cost???

Garce421

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm interested also. Dealer offered it to me for $2350 I didn't take it but may look for a discounted one after my factory 2 yr is up.

tncruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
what kind of rv , what style,what year and how much
i have a forest river and when you attend the national ralleye in goshen they fix what wrong regardless of age .even folk that bought used were treated the same way'
our coach a 2011 georgetown has had new slide seals.new stair tread , power-cord, 16 ft awning,slide topper ,a/c cover ,adjust manifold pressure on propane,new electric steps and a couple other things
we are a forestriver customer for life
brianj

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
your appliances have 5yr from their mfg. Id take my chances...

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Statistically, No it's not worth it. That's why the dealer tries SO hard to sell it to you. It's a HUGE profit margin for them. But, if you are the one that something expensive happens to than the statistics don't matter and you'd be glad you have the warranty.

I never intended to buy one and just kept refusing while signing papers. Finally, as I was about to leave it occurred to me the last offer of $700 was pretty good so I went for it. And they started at around $2500 if that gives you any idea as to how much profit they have in it.

After 3 years I got about $400 worth out of it so it's not a total waste of money in my case. The main thing I like is the peace of mind. If the slide seems to hesitate when closing or the water heater doesn't seem to be doing all it could I honestly don't care. If/when something breaks I'm not on the hook for the whole thing (I think there's a deductible?)

The not caring/worrying when on vacation is worth something.... but, again, from an investment standpoint, warranties of any kind are a bad bet.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Same thing with boats...I did get it on my boat, and 2 yrs in, the master cylinder failed on the braking system for the trailer. Normal warranty is 1 year.

It cost me 50 bucks for the deductible and they repaired the master cylinder and replaced a bad transducer on the depth finder.

Total bill was 652 bucks........warranty cost me 600, so even with the deductible, it was worth it.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I asked the dealer if I could sleep on the extended warranty offer, he told me yes, I have 30 days. I like to see if they can fix anything before I buy an extended warranty, if they can't, then what good is it. Well, my selling dealer's (General RV, Birch Run, MI) after sales support is deplorable, they do not fix the first time so a return trip is needed, service writers boarded on rude, never a returned phone call, yet. At this point I am going to self insure.