Stay with 1500 or get 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thrashie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Laramie
Engine
6.7l cummins turbo diesel
been down that road with the TT and TV!

with my '13 1500 5.7 Laramie 2x4, my first TT towed fine @~7.5k loaded ...until I upgraded to a larger unit, which is ~9k loaded, and it became a white knuckle experience.

my 1500 I had the airlift 1000's which were fine, I upgraded the 3.55 to 4.10's and it pulled it fine...and a blue ox sway pro 1000.

but it was the whole feeling of getting pushed around by the weight of the trailer, winds, the feeling of being blown off the road when a semi passes by @ highway speeds. at lower speeds it was much easier to deal with, but highway speeds became a white knuckle experience. That, and I was already at max capacity for the truck.
I was taking the TT to the dealership, and decided then I need a 2500, and got one a few weeks later.

what a difference.

when I picked up the TT from the dealership, it was a windy day (where I was thinking take backroads home), hooked up, truck barely squatted, and dragged it home down the interstate....no white knuckles, no getting shoved around by wind/trucks/feeling of being propelled forward by the weight...night and day experience.