Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HarryBosch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a new 2017 Ram 1500. I put my Quad in the back of the truck and it sunk down quite a bit. I am looking into resolving this issue and was wondering what people's thoughts were on Air Bags vs Timbrens vs New Shocks...etc.

Thanks,

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I just installed Timber Grove air bags and have Tuftruck 1211s coils as well.
I dont really like the idea of the Tembreins so went with bags and new springs.
I also have Bilsteins rear shocks.

Yeah these trucks are lacking in stock forum if your going to use it as a truck.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I have the Total Load Control (TLC) airbags. Timber Grove is another one of the popular no-cut airbag set-ups for our truck. If you put in airbags, coils are not needed. If you were putting a work body on the truck or didn't want airbags, then new coil springs would be the way to go.
Get the WirelessOne compressor setup for the airbags. You can adjust the pressure with a push of a button and it has presets also.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a new 2017 Ram 1500. I put my Quad in the back of the truck and it sunk down quite a bit. I am looking into resolving this issue and was wondering what people's thoughts were on Air Bags vs Timbrens vs New Shocks...etc.

Thanks,

Air bags or timbrens should help....shocks will NOT help, unless they are air shocks or strut/coilovers.

Regular shocks do not support weight, they only stop the suspension from cycling.

You could also get stiffer rear springs as well.

ncgrl1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 RAM LongHorn 4x4
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I have got a deal in a set of Airlift 1000's. Only had them on the truck for a couple weeks. I would take $60.00 shipped to the lower 48 states of interested.

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I installed Airlift 1000's and they work well. I threw a bicycle pump into the back so I can adjust them on the fly.

A good shock like the Bilsteins on all corners makes for a much better ride.

Do a search for Airlift in the exterior section, and towing/hauling section and you may find what you need.