Timber Grove air bags

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Looking at buying a set of these for my truck (will take other suggestion) and looking for the best place to buy. ?
They get $350 on their site.

Also what does everyone think about the lined being hooked together VS being separated it looks like they sell theirs ran together and when I ran bags in the past they we separate lines.

Last edited:

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've had a couple sets of Firestone's on different trucks and been happy. They have always had separate valves to fill each side. I can't think of a situation where I'd ever fill them to different levels though. I've never heard of Timber Grove and would personally shy away just because of the great history of Firestone and a few others. They well may be a fine product. I just like to go with something with some history.

Reactions: SyN

VernDiesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ED
Quality axle to frame setup. Good service. Good price. Better stuff and set up then what Firestone has for our trucks

OP
OP
69GWC

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Yeah I watch the install video on the Timber groves and really like how they install.

I had Firestones before and was real happy with them but cant and good pix or vids of how they install.

I never put different air pressures either but not sure I like the fact the air csn move from one bag to the other, seems more stable being separate lines.

Reactions: SyN

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Couldn't you just separate the lines?

After watching the below video, yes you can separate the lines quite easily.

Last edited:

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
They sell a kit to seperate the lines. I have the airlift 1000 in mine right now with the TTC-1223 and it does great with my travel trailer, however after watching the Timber Grove video I like those bags......What to do.....

I don't have an update photo but this was with stock Springs and the Airlift 1000.

caecc9b0c2ddc56e5b44395445218425.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
69GWC

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Yeah the way they mount is real nice, they look very solid and look like good quality.
Probably what I am going to order here pretty soon.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Those with the TufTruck springs you have will be a great combo. When I hooked my camper up after the TTC-1223 springs I didn't inflate the airbags and I may not have to. It rode great. But Extra is always nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
69GWC

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Thats what I was thinking, with just the springs it just had to much sag for my liking.

Tires are next these stock tires are a joke.

Attachments

• 20170601_074020.jpg
    20170601_074020.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 109

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
It may be beneficial to have the airbags plumbed in with separate fill ports if you load one side of the truck more than the other.
For most situations like leveling the truck while towing, a single circut is all that's needed.
I have the TLC bags, they are one of the no cut airbag setups. Timber Grove was the other airbags I looked at, but was part of a group buy for the TLC bags(price was cheaper). Another plus for the TLC bags is they use a larger Goodyear(made in the USA) airbags that require less air pressure(softer ride).

Last edited:
OP
OP
69GWC

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
TLC bags ? got a link to them. how do they install is it similar to the Timber Groves.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I considered the Air Lift 1000s until I learned they have to be inflated BEFORE any weight is loaded (all guess work).
I went with the Timber Grove and I'm extremely pleased. The Timber Groves are top quality, easy installation and outstanding support. It's the owner/designer who answers the phone and is most willing to help and suggest with your questions or needs.

I used the single air line as it is considered more stable. For example, in a dual air line system if one side fails it creates an unbalanced & unstable condion. If in a single line system an air line fails you merely lose the effects of the air bags, no off balance or instability.
I have a dual Firestone system on my 2006 Ford F350 and have never had to air up one side differently from the other, have always aired them the same. So, on my Ram, for safety and eae of airing, I went with the recommended one line system.

I connected the Timber Grove system to an Air Lift WirelessOne Compressor System, # 25870.
With this setup I can raise or lower the rear end with a wireless remote controller, anytime, loaded or unloaded.
This system at idle (5psi in bags) raised the rear end 1".

I raised the front end with Hell Bent Steel's 2" top quality spacers, # 125-200-001 .
My Ram has a metal plate on top of the strut, I also included the plate that comes with the HBS kit. Total front rise is 2 1/4"

I am extremely pleased with the quality, usefulness and effectiveness of these modifications.
Timber Grove and Hell bent Steel were very helpful and knowledgeable whenever I called them.

OP
OP
69GWC

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Thanks for that info I had never thought about one side leaked down and the other not and how that would effect the truck, makes perfect since to do one line in my case thanks again.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Kelderman is expensive but replaces the springs all together. Just another option

kelderman

This system looks awesome. My next truck is going to be a 3500 with a Kelderman full air rear. As much as I use my truck as a daily driver it would be super nice to be able to put it in "Cadillac" mode and float over bumps.

karjar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had the bags, compressor (in the rear seat in floor basket), and the gauge all installed. Even the installers were impressed with the build quality and ease of install. I went with them due to the brass fittings and overall quality. I also had sent some inquiries to other manufacturers. Some I heard from 3 weeks later, most never. Steve with TimberGrove got back to me same day. He also followed up quickly with several questions I had very quickly. Top notch customer service.. The product was a bit more than others, but my truck is worth it. Glad I bought them.

scottie d

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just bought a set and received them yesterday. Install was easy and products seems to be of high quality. Everything you need is included and as mentioned, Steve is very quick to respond and customer service is exceptional. They are a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for. This seem to be a great product. I will be putting them to the test next week pulling a 5000 travel trailer from Texas to New York and back.