Timber Grove air bags

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
69GWC

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Just ordered a my Timber Grove air bags, just like the way they mount and the quality looks great.
Hopefully they show up by the weekend .

scottie d

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just did 3419 mile trip pulling 25 travel trailer and 6 people. They worked great. I had the air set a bit high in beginning. Let a little out and it was great. Well worth it. Good luck, I don't think you will be disappointed!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lokal907ryder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i have the BOSS bags (ill include the link) ive had them for about 2 years now and my only complaint is unloaded with low or no PSI they are very bad when you hit a bump. seems more rough then it should be. ive tried with 0 to 10 PSI and it doesn't matter. anyone have that complaint with the timber grove bags? I might order them and try them out.

RAM 1500 2009-17 All Trims-2 & 4 door-BOSS Coil Load Assist LA-70 Dodge | eBay

OP
OP
69GWC

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Running 15psi and they ride fine to me, had 30 psi and empty that was to much.
I also have TTC-1211S so mine road alittle rougher before the bags went in.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I run about 5 psi in my TLC bags when empty and don't notice anything different about hitting a big bump.

rcarbaugh

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
With either the TLC or the Timber Grove, when at the minimum PSI does it raise the rear of the truck much? I dont want to add much more of a rack if possible.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
With either the TLC or the Timber Grove, when at the minimum PSI does it raise the rear of the truck much? I dont want to add much more of a rack if possible.
With my TLC bags at 5psi maybe half an inch. Visually I don't notice any extra rack

Stefan N

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
i have the BOSS bags (ill include the link) ive had them for about 2 years now and my only complaint is unloaded with low or no PSI they are very bad when you hit a bump. seems more rough then it should be. ive tried with 0 to 10 PSI and it doesn't matter. anyone have that complaint with the timber grove bags? I might order them and try them out.
RAM 1500 2009-17 All Trims-2 & 4 door-BOSS Coil Load Assist LA-70 Dodge | eBay

I have the same problem, I think they are just compressed to max and the end plates hitting each other. Looks like it when you look at the bags when the car is on the ground (no extra load)

I will order the coil replacement mounting kit from Boss and reuse the airbags

https://bossairsuspension.com.au/load-assist/dodge/dodge-ram-airbag-rear-suspension/

And hook them up to "wireless air" https://www.ebay.com/itm/Firestone-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

IMG_5447.jpg

mh3c

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I considered the Air Lift 1000s until I learned they have to be inflated BEFORE any weight is loaded (all guess work).
I went with the Timber Grove and I'm extremely pleased. The Timber Groves are top quality, easy installation and outstanding support. It's the owner/designer who answers the phone and is most willing to help and suggest with your questions or needs.

I used the single air line as it is considered more stable. For example, in a dual air line system if one side fails it creates an unbalanced & unstable condion. If in a single line system an air line fails you merely lose the effects of the air bags, no off balance or instability.
I have a dual Firestone system on my 2006 Ford F350 and have never had to air up one side differently from the other, have always aired them the same. So, on my Ram, for safety and eae of airing, I went with the recommended one line system.

I connected the Timber Grove system to an Air Lift WirelessOne Compressor System, # 25870.
With this setup I can raise or lower the rear end with a wireless remote controller, anytime, loaded or unloaded.
This system at idle (5psi in bags) raised the rear end 1".

I raised the front end with Hell Bent Steel's 2" top quality spacers, # 125-200-001 .
My Ram has a metal plate on top of the strut, I also included the plate that comes with the HBS kit. Total front rise is 2 1/4"

I am extremely pleased with the quality, usefulness and effectiveness of these modifications.
Timber Grove and Hell bent Steel were very helpful and knowledgeable whenever I called them.

Just ordered my Tinbergroves. Looking at the Wireless One compressor, and wanting to know your thoughts. Has it stood up thus far? Did you run the single out (1/4 hose) to the T and then split to the 3/8?

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
I just received my Timber Grove ASAM...can't wait to get them in and try them.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
I just received my Timber Grove ASAM...can't wait to get them in and try them.

+1, same here. After they were delayed (out of airbags), they finally got me a set. Even gave me $25 off because I ordered while they were backordered.

If only I wasn't selling my house and buying a new one, I'd have time to install them... so many projects, so little time. :)

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
+1, same here. After they were delayed (out of airbags), they finally got me a set. Even gave me $25 off because I ordered while they were backordered.

If only I wasn't selling my house and buying a new one, I'd have time to install them... so many projects, so little time. :)

I got my Timber Grove ASAM installed last night. It would have gone faster if I had the ratcheting box end wrenches. Kind of a ***** laying on your back and reaching that high to tighten the nuts up. I ran the air valve through the license plate instead of in the box. It was easier to run it out the back. Everything is clear of the exhaust pipes. I added 70psi to check for leaks and there was none thank God.

Aired everything down and got the weight on the wheels, put about 20psi in it and it raised the rear pretty significantly. Dropped it to a little more than 10psi and took it for a ride and it definitely stiffened up the ride, but not horrible. Felt a bit more solid in my opinion.

Need to hook up the camper and figure out the sweet spot for the amount of psi needed to keep everything stable.

Got the same $25 off too..... :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
69GWC

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
After having my TG bags fir awhile now I believe I am going to order Airlift onboard system to maintain and control my bags from in the cab.
Found the kit fir $148 bucks, think that will be a nice improvement.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
After having my TG bags fir awhile now I believe I am going to order Airlift onboard system to maintain and control my bags from in the cab.
Found the kit fir $148 bucks, think that will be a nice improvement.

What kit did you find? The Air Lift One kit I looked at the cheapest I could find on $291

OP
OP
69GWC

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
What kit did you find? The Air Lift One kit I looked at the cheapest I could find on $291

AIR LIFT 25592 Load Controller II On Board Air Compressor System.

Found this on Amazon, its not the wireless kit I actually like it with the gauge and controls in the truck.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
Ahhh.....got ya. I was contemplating getting the Timber Grove one.....hard to justify that kind of money though. Already spent a small chunk of change....LOL

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Looking at the Wireless One compressor, and wanting to know your thoughts. Has it stood up thus far? Did you run the single out (1/4 hose) to the T and then split to the 3/8?
There is no reason to upsize the airline from 1/4" to 3/8". Upsizing the airline size is needed if the airbags needed to be rapidly inflated/deflated, not the case with this set up. The WirelessOne and the TmberGrove both come with 1/4" airlines. My buddy has the WirelessOne and uses Total Load Control airbags(larger airbags) on his 2500 piped in with 1/4" airline. Works great and no issues so far. He has a preset pressure for when towing his fifth wheel trailer.

Last edited: