Timbren plus spring donut

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

15hundred

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bought and installed the Timbren bump springs on my 2016 1500 QC before I discovered this forum. That was based on the rave reviews on ETrailer but I see they aren't very popular on this forum. In any case I think they are fine running around unloaded because they don't engage with an empty truck. I can't give a full review until I hook up my travel trailer, generator, fat dogs, etc. Last camping trip my rear end was sagging like granny in her nighty. I had at least 1000 lbs on the rear of the truck with a full load of water.

So for added precaution I popped in a set of "Ride Effex" coil spring spacer donuts to stiffen the rear a little. I saw a kit called SumoSprings on ETrailer for $150. and remembered those things from my old muscle car days. Pretty much the same thing available locally at Pep Boys and Autozone for $30 for the set. They are 2 in tall overall and 1.5 inches vertically from the bottom of each spring groove. They fit perfectly in the rear coil at about the middle. Might have raised the rear about a half inch but I forgot to measure before installing which was super easy, maybe a 10 minute job.

Just thought I'd toss that out there as a cheap, quick fix to try before installing new HD rear springs.

billyw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If anybody's interested I have a set that are barely used, I'm eager to be rid of. I probably should put them on the for sale thread.

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
MMMmmmm donuts

Sorry dude couldn't help myself

[yt]8-4P1WPE-Qg[/yt]

goldtr8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If anybody's interested I have a set that are barely used, I'm eager to be rid of. I probably should put them on the for sale thread.

I am looking to get some Timbrems for my 1500 so the question is why dont you like them?