Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devi1Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hey yall,

I am looking at new tires for my 2011 3500. It currently has 235/80/R17's and I am looking at getting the TOYO Open Country M/T's. I was wondering what is the biggest that I can go up in size without having to get new rims. I was thinking about 265/70/17's. Any input on these tires or on sizes would be appreciated. I do tow stuff from time to time, about 13k pound pull behind trailer or a utility with a Rhino or a 22ft. Shearwater CC. I am wanting something that will have great tread life as well as handle muddy roads and rocky areas. Work on the pipeline so.

CDN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
6.7L CTD
I have had TOYO on multiple vehicles in the past. I love them on my cars, so I put them on my Truck, couldn't get them off fast enough, I actually pull them off with 75% wear left on them and sold them. I know tires are a personal thing and many people will have a different opinion than I, and hey to each his/her own. I have jumped to BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A and have never looked back. Good in the dry, not loud on the highway, good in the mud and snow in northern Canada. here is a tire calculator that I use http:////tire-size-conversion.com/tire-size-calculator/ If there is a hyperlink to one of the many great sponsors of the site for this, let me know and I will remove this one.

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
As for tire size... You can easily run 285/70/17's without rubbing. That is what comes from the factory on the Power Wagons so you can get the dealer to reflash the PCM to get the speedo right.

tap tap tappa-roo

Last edited: