Tow Haul Mode wouldnt Activate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiStarPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So this weekend I went across the state with a load and was in Tow Haul Mode. I stop at a truck stop, when I started the truck back up the Tow Haul mode was off. I attempted to reactivate it but it would just do nothing. Nothing in the EVIC would show nor would the light on the button light up. We restarted the truck a few times and it did nothing. Finally as we started driving and the doors automatically locked the Tow/Haul Mode activated.

When I stopped the second time I was able to get it to turn on right after the truck started.

Any one ever had this issue before or know if there is something that limits the Tow Haul Mode?

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
Was the trailer harness plugged in tight? Mine has gotten loose and it looked like I lost my trailer. It used to be a snug fit but one day I bought a new shank and I took my trailer in for a height adjustment and I guess they loosened the pins. Now the plastic cap holds the plug in instead of the pins.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
HemiStarPower

HemiStarPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Trailer harness was tight enough for everything else to work. The Electric Brakes worked and the EVIC recognized the trailer. Thanks for the reply!

I just had a software update performed by the Dealer so Im not sure if that is related...

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Trailer being hooked up shouldn't have anything to do with. You can drive with tow haul "on" without having anything hooked up.

homeguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine tells me if it lost connection with the trailer.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use tow/haul daily to keep the miserable MDS off, with no trailer.
I would go back and talk to your dealer if you can repeat the situation.

New2Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I actually has this happen to me about two weeks ago. Same thing, I hooked up my camper ready to leave and tow haul wouldn't activate, turned the truck off and same thing. I also tried to put it in 4x4 for some reason and that did nothing as well. I turned off the truck again and when I started it back up it all worked and activated fine. Not sure what the deal was either, I haven't had to use it again since, I hope it was a one time fluke.

OP
OP
HemiStarPower

HemiStarPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Electronic gremlins?

Im thinking this is it! Unable to get it to happen again. Dealer had no fix, just some really high quality and good advice to make sure I push the button all the way in :roflsquared: . They also said, well its working now right?