Tow mirror question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redbarron06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Laramie 2500
Engine
Cummings
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question but I am new here.

3 weeks ago I got my 17 Ram Laramie 2500. So far I am loving it. The drawback at purchase was that it did not have towing mirrors. I have a 24 foot travel trailer so when I told the dealer that was a deal breaker they threw in a set.

One week later they get them in, I make the 80 mile trip there and they get them installed and while testing them out the “auto tilt” does not work. They went and checked another truck that had tow mirrors factory installed and sure enough it is supposed to work. They found out that they had ordered the wrong part number mirror and had to order another set.

Well this morning I go get the newest set installed. Sure enough the auto tilt works. Here is the kicker though. When I have them up in towing configuration, they dont adjust properly. Up and down turns into left and right, and right and left goes into up and down. It’s like the truck doesn’t know they are flipped up.

Does anybody have any idea what the probelm is? Can I fix it myself or do I need to take it back on another 160 mile round trip for some simple fix?

Thanks for the help.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like they didn't get all the codes programmed correctly.... LEG, LEB, LEC arethe codes you need.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Redbarron06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Laramie 2500
Engine
Cummings
Sounds like they didn't get all the codes programmed correctly.... LEG, LEB, LEC arethe codes you need.

I am guessing that is something the dealer will have to do then.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am guessing that is something the dealer will have to do then.

Yep, the dealer has to do it. OBD GENIE does have a plug programmer that can also do it if your dealership can't figure it out.

They should be able to, usually the only have problems with tradesman and express model trucks if I remember correctly.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Are both sides doing it? I only ask because when I got my 1500 the driver's side mirror didn't work right, I flipped it back and forth a few times though and it worked fine the rest of the time I had it.

OP
OP
R

Redbarron06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Laramie 2500
Engine
Cummings
Are both sides doing it? I only ask because when I got my 1500 the driver's side mirror didn't work right, I flipped it back and forth a few times though and it worked fine the rest of the time I had it.

Both sides. I am thinking it needs to be reflashed. But I may wait just a tad and install the LED bed light kit and have them do that flash at the same time.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963