Towing 27' travel trailer....coil bags?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boots

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Previous setup....2001 ram, 2x4, with timbren blocks. Hook up to trailer, major ass end sag. But then with properly adjusted torsion bars, truck and trailer all leveled out, looks good, hauls good, no problem!
Now....just got a 2013 big horn, bils @2.1, and pretty agressive m&s tires. Truck is level, looks awesome and rides great. No mods on rear. Am i going to have some trouble now pulling my trailer? Even with properly adjusted hitch and bars? Why? Whats the best fix/mod?

Thx all, you guys rock! (And gals?)

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I am going to install Tuftruck HD coils on mine, some guys like air bags or lift bags.

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
being that you're level you may have some squat. You could always hook up and see then invest in bags afterwards. If the trailer is all you're putting on the bumper bags will be fine. Add air as needed. Easy install

Hemi003

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Food for thought, i put firestone airbags in the rear prior to picking up my fifth wheel along with a wireless 1 onboard compressor. I also bought a leveling kit but held off on installing it until i got the weight on. Glad I did. The rear sits high factory stock and squats just enough to use some air to level out. Needless to say, im not leveling it out. I have a good solid ride as is and ill take it. Picture is with 5lbs air, reccomended bump stop.

Attachments

• Resized_20170114_135607.jpg
    Resized_20170114_135607.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 111

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I agree with Hemi003,
When I had my 2013 1500 Sport, I leveled it. Yes I could've gone with airbags to bring up the ride, but because the suspension was so soft, it would squat with anything in the bed.

My 2014 2500 is stock and I tow quite a bit. Stock height for towing is the way to go. More room to play with, air bags will help for the heavy loads. Which is my next move.
Or instead of airbags, I may just go with a dually :D

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Food for thought, i put firestone airbags in the rear prior to picking up my fifth wheel along with a wireless 1 onboard compressor. I also bought a leveling kit but held off on installing it until i got the weight on. Glad I did. The rear sits high factory stock and squats just enough to use some air to level out. Needless to say, im not leveling it out. I have a good solid ride as is and ill take it. Picture is with 5lbs air, reccomended bump stop.

Nice setup and welcome to RF.