Towing capacity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Everyone, New guy again, so this is my first Ram and its a 2011 with the 5.7 hemi... so my max towing capacity is 8,600 and i was wondering if there is a way to increase my towing capacity.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
No, legally if you are caught or wreck with more than 8600 trailer or GCWR, then it won't be good.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, New guy again, so this is my first Ram and its a 2011 with the 5.7 hemi... so my max towing capacity is 8,600 and i was wondering if there is a way to increase my towing capacity.

Forget about that 8,600 number. You towing capacity is limited by your payload capacity. If you are going to tow you should learn about all the issues around towing. You will soon discover that what you can properly tow is less then what is advertised.

Start here.

RV Tow Check | Salesperson Fact Checker

PippinAin'tEasy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yep, yer gonna find that all yer gonna be able to do is get stuff to keep yer stock parts from petering out as quickly. Join the other nuts on here and contemplate a trade in/upgrade. I hear it's a hoot.

"Oh, sweet debt. Thy name is Truck."