towing with a roll pan?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeshemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
just got rear ended the other day and was looking at puting on a roll pan,was wondering if you can still have towing capabilities with one.Street scene has a roll pan for 2011's and they have a flip up license tag mount,does anyone on here have this,I guess you can somehow flip up the tag and access your reese?Not sure,looking for a little info,thanks.

OP
OP
joeshemi

joeshemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
awesome, love the roll pan look just didnt want to lose towing

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
just as an FYI you will need a hidden hitch. The hidden hitch is made to sit higher in the frame rails so it comes out the roll pan. An OEM hitch or standard hitch will still be usable but will sit below the roll pan just like it would a rear bumper. You can use a roll pan with a normal hitch it will just not be hidden by the roll pan.

rileybrennan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What about back up beepers.... And what's a roll pan and hidden hitch cost these days

Cowboy345

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Roll pan you say? I have mixed feelings about them on the 4th gens cause of the tail gate, I wonder about shaved bumpers, how would they look?

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I was going to put my hidden hitch on behind my rollpan, until I noticed that the little loops (that you hook the chain from the trailer to) were sticking out underneath the bottom of the rollpan. I ended up sellin the hitch, because it didn't look good at all. Not sure if the 4th gen's will do the same?

mikey0302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had a roll pan on my 98' with the flip down plate, I got pulled over while I was towing and the trooper had informed me that the plate must be visible. I asked how do you see it when the trailer is behind it. He told me it has to be visible from a side angle as well as straight on. SO I had to make a bracket with light that hung over the top of the tailgate while trailering. Oh and the ticket cost me 50 bucks!!!