Towing tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Would you concur that longer trailers are easier to manage though? They tend to move slower.. harder to see around though I guess. I personally prefer backing up a 30 ft trailer, rather than a 10 ft or 15 ft cargo trailer..

Longer trailers won't jack around on you nearly as fast but you need more room to back them. For a beginner trailer puller: longer= easier IMHO.

Short trailer+Long truck= backing headache. Any little turn of the wheel affects the trailer way more than a longer one. A longer trailer is much more forgiving of backing errors.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
My girlfriend can back her QCLB with an 8ft utility trailer better then a friend of mine who drives trucks (although anymore that doesn't say to much lol)
Once little trailers go they go, like you said longer trailers are much more forgiving, I'd much rather back up our 26' flat deck then a utility trailer

TLC John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 RAM 1500
Engine
Hemi
If you want to make the move as easy as possible

Garner,

If you want to make your move as easy as possible, install our Total Load Control air suspension - on sale now for RF since we just joined. Doesn't increase GVWR but will keep your truck level and smooth ride.

Not sure you want to spend the money just for the move, but you'll have a permanent upgrade and we think a smile on your face....;)

TLC John