towing tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottcarter91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
whats up fellas? I'm new to this forum, I have a 2012 ram 1500 sport with a 6 inch RC lift on 35's. I have to say I love the truck, I have a quick question. I tow a 32 ft travel trailer which is 8,000 lbs + loaded out. truck pulls it fine with no problems, my question is anybody running a towing tune? my truck gets around 14mpg everyday driving and around 6 or 7 towing. is there a good towing tune out there? if so what does it improve in your opinion? and is it worth the $$$$ for it. thanks

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great post; I was giong to wait until it was closer to the spring to ask the same thing.
I have read somewhere online that you need to run higher octane than the tune level you're using (i.e. 91 for an 89 tune) when towing due to the engine working so hard? If that is so I may not get a tuner after all.

OP
OP
scottcarter91

scottcarter91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yeah thats what i've always done in the past. i've always ran high test with my tunes. i was checking out hemifever tuning website, and it looks like its the go to place to go fast, but i'm not really interested in having a fast truck anymore, but would like to have a good towing tune if one is avaliable to make it worth the 500 bucks its gonna cost for the tuner. LOL!! hopefully more will chime in that has experience with this