Trailer Hitch Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Two Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM RCSB Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Evening,

I'm in the market for a trailer hitch to pull a 5x10 enclosed trailer. I have a 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB Express with 5.7 / 6spd / and 3.92 R&P.

Im new to trailering and have absolutely no idea what I need or don't need. I don't want to buy more than I need or even worse, not enough.

I don't even know what weight the trailer will be. I'm basically moving a 1 bedroom apartment + den, 10 hours south. I imagine i will have some weight in the bed of the truck too. I really dont have a lot of stuff so it cant be more than 5000lbs I'd say.

Any ideas on manufacturers to look for or specific model numbers would be greatly appreciated.

Oh yeah, preferably something that does not involve drilling holes or any modifications. Bolt-on definitely, and hidden if possible.

Thanks for your time!

patchelect

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I read your post as you have no trailer towing stuff at all on your truck right now. I had a mechanic install one on my Dakota a year or so ago but can't recall the brand. i've since sold the truck and my RAM has a factory one. I've seen Reese branded ones. I'd guess that the information you are seeking might be better found at a U-Haul place if only for information. You do have the lower rear end ration so pulling won't be any issue. I'd suggest going in with the story about planning on camping and wanting to pull a 17-18' camper. That will give you enough towing capacity by far, plus give you a package that will have more value later on if you plan on using it again.

BTW the system I had installed on the Dakota ran around $1100US including the brake regulator/adjuster. I don't think the installation is that difficult but I am getting too old to be climbing under trucks if I don't have to. And at that point I was still working and planning for retirement. Now I ARE retired!