trailer trip meter reset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rupert

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 big horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How do I reset the trailer trip meter in my EVIC?
Do I just remove it from the EVIC when I am done with the trip?
the truck "knows " when I am puling a trailer and when not which is a great feature, but if I cant zero it out It kind of defeats the purpose
Just thought I would ask before I mess with it. I'm thinking remove the feature form the EVIC and then put it back might do the trip.

OP
OP
R

Rupert

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 big horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
that didn't work.
for clarification the icon for the trailer trip, like the icon for the gain is from the menu in the EVIC, I can add it or delete it, with other items to the upper or lower right or left. Another option is outside temp as an example
SO It would not reset.
I tried removing it from the menu and putting it back...no joy

OP
OP
R

Rupert

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 big horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm thinking maybe when I hook the trailer up tomorrow it will go to zero.

RJW1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Finally pulled my boat trailer with trailer trip on the screen. Didn't register anything. Trailer lights plugged in, tow/haul engaged, 20' Gator aluminum inboard jet bass boat on a tandem axil trailer. How do it know? Obviously my 2018 1500 Crew Big Horn doesn't.

RamInfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Does your boat trailer have no brakes, electric brakes, or inertia brakes? I pull a small trailer with lights but no brakes and it never registers towing miles, so maybe the presence/absence of a connection to the trailer brake controller is required? In that case, a trailer with no brakes or inertia brakes might not register. Not sure, just postulating...
Best,
DG

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I pull a small trailer with lights but no brakes and it never registers towing miles, so maybe the presence/absence of a connection to the trailer brake controller is required? In that case, a trailer with no brakes or inertia brakes might not register.
That is correct, the trailer has to have working electric brakes that are controlled by the ITBM for the truck to keep track of the towing miles.