V nose ELH?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gump

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Going to be making a 1000 mile trip for our last race of the year in October. My v-nose has a tendency to dance side to side going down the highway, so I'd like to get a hitch setup before then to control it better. I'm not sure however what hitch or components I need to mount the brackets to the trailer. Can someone steer me in the right direction?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 95

Mountaineer83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Do you need weight distribution as well as sway control or only worried about sway control?

If you only need sway, then you could probably get by with just the friction sway control. You would just need a receiver that accepts the small ball for the sway in addition to the sway control. The sway control has a bracket that bolts to your trailer frame.

If you need weight distribution, some brackets for the weight dist. systems can be bolted onto the trailer frame or in some cases maybe even welded onto the frame. It just depends which route you want to go.

If it were me, I would check on etrailer.com and see what they recommend for your specific application. Maybe someone with more experience in using a v-nose will chime in soon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gump

Gump

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd like to have a setup for both as long as I'm going to spend the money.

Mountaineer83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
In all honesty, I don't have any experience with the v-nose trailers. I do know there are methods of attaching the WD brackets to the frame though. A lot of them are bolt on but could maybe be welded. It just depends on what you want.

Again, you can submit a message to the experts on etrailer and attach your pic of the trailer frame. Explain what you are looking for and what you want to achieve. I bought the Reese Straight Line from them for my Jayco Eagle and they were great to work with me.

It appears as your tongue already some weld on brackets though for a chain maybe for a WD system. I can't tell a lot though from the angle of the picture.

OP
OP
Gump

Gump

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm starting to think I'm a complete idiot now that you pointed that out. I bet a chain link slides right into that slot so I don't need a bracket.

Padilen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven't seen one with a chain sliding through a bracket. When you get it figured out will you post pics?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
My 27' trael trailer is v-nose. Before I bought a ProPride P3 I had a Equal-I-Zer 4 point WDH. It controlled sway very well. A lot better than the p.o.s. Eaz-Lift WDH with dual friction sway bars.

Equal-I-Zer
Blue Ox
Husky Centerline TS
Anderson Swaypro

All good WDH's with excellent sway control built in. No need for those crappy friction bars. Those bars don't prevent sway, but try to control it after it starts.

AJG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Proper loading / weight distribution inside the trailer and also have the right size drop hitch helps a lot. Too much weight towards the rear will really induce more sway. I also found having the tongue to high can cause this as well, and it does not have to be much. Depending on how much weight you haul and how long your trailer is, a sway control set up might be in order.

OP
OP
Gump

Gump

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was looking at the friction sway controls, but I'll not go that route now. A friend of mine has the Anderson setup, and he says it's not near as good as bars. Probably go with the Husky or Blue Ox.

I've been using a 0 drop hitch. The trailer sways less with my car loaded further to the rear. When I pull it behind my parents 42' diesel pusher it doesn't move at all.