Wd hitch with air bags

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey guys im looking into a TT which means a wd hitch, im curious on how to setup with air bags(outside of the coils), most hitches say to pin up then jack up the hitch until trailer is level to set up the bars. Should i raise it with air bags instead or bring it back up with air bags once hitch is setup?

avolnek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500 CCLB
Engine
I always ran the tongue up with the trailer jack. Mine was electric so it was easy, if yours is not electric air bags would do the trick.

I however went way up and really take the tension off the bars to make it easier to install the torsion bars, i then set the tongue back down. This would be what i'd suggest for you as well. once all your weight is on the truck, i'd then adjust your air pressure in the bags to level the rig. Try and get as much of the leveling factor out of your torsion bars and hitch first for best ride quality though.

OP
OP
iam_canadian22

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I always ran the tongue up with the trailer jack. Mine was electric so it was easy, if yours is not electric air bags would do the trick.

I however went way up and really take the tension off the bars to make it easier to install the torsion bars, i then set the tongue back down. This would be what i'd suggest for you as well. once all your weight is on the truck, i'd then adjust your air pressure in the bags to level the rig. Try and get as much of the leveling factor out of your torsion bars and hitch first for best ride quality though.
Thank you

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I always ran the tongue up with the trailer jack.

+1- great advice.
OP- are you familiar with how to check you have the right amount of WD tension? This video may be product specific, but the methodology for measuring to determine your WD tension is bang-on.

OP
OP
iam_canadian22

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
+1- great advice.
OP- are you familiar with how to check you have the right amount of WD tension? This video may be product specific, but the methodology for measuring to determine your WD tension is bang-on.
No im pretty new to it, ive seen some of the product specific videos, which one are you reffering to?