What airbags for a 14/ 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KarL45

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express quad cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 MDS
How many of you have installed the airbag system on your 2014 , 2500 Rams (with rear coil). Thought Firestone had a 5000 model for it but am not finding it on line. Looking for the ones that mount where the jounce stops are located. Looked at a lot of them but really didn't specify for Ram with coil springs. Any specifics you could give me would be appreciated. Source, Mfg., Model, and approx. price. Thanks All

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
May I ask why? I've seen pictures people have posted on here with 2000 pounds in the bed and the truck isn't even level yet. It seems like something that can go wrong on your trip to me.

OP
OP
K

KarL45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 MDS
Not really having trouble with the load, about a 2" drop with 5'er connected and 8k gen set at front of the box. Main reason, going to be making an Alaska trip and if I encounter the rough roads they say possible, not to mention a couple I've found in the Midwest, it will, I hope, keep the springs from taking a beating not to mention having less pin shock. Also, by being able to level, will not have to try and adjust headlamps. Seems the adjust factor is very limited compared to older vehicles.

OP
OP
K

KarL45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 MDS
Hey SlowRoller. Thanks for the infro. on the Air bags. Went on line and found a local dealer. Talked with them, but of course, had to order them. Then, decided to go on line and found them at Auto Anything. Local was $600 and on line, exact bag, $305. Ordered on line with free shipping and supposed to be here between 7 to 10 days. Will post about the change (improvement "I hope) when I get them installed. They say about 2 hours labor time and no drilling. Thanks again.

saintsreturn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn
Engine
EcoDiesel
Let us know how the change affected your ride. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the 1000's in my 1500. Hope the 5000's are just what ya need!
By all means, let us know what you think!!!!

xpress ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i have the 5000 on my 2014 2500 there working out great I have 1600 lb slide in truck camper in the back and tow my bass boat truck rides much better and its level now.

OP
OP
K

KarL45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 MDS
Xpress ram. Glad to know that they are working well for you. Did you do the install yourself? I plan on doing mine but don't have a garage or cement pad so suspect the jacking procedure will take a bit longer. Also, where did you put the Schrader valve? Saw on the video that some are putting it (looks like) on the wheel opening panel ahead or the tire. Not sure I like that option and wonder if I can get it inside the bed or in the back by the license plate.

xpress ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
yes vary easy install with a helper we used a floor jack under the hitch only went up 4'' that's all that was needed tires still on the ground and the air lines I pushed them threw the frame and the valves we drilled threw plastic to the left of lic plate .

OP
OP
K

KarL45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 MDS
Thanks All for the source infro. and also the install infro. Not having to fully lift the vehicle will be nice for me with my lack of good surface. Also glad to know that it handles the load well. I am excided to get the kit and do the install. Also glad to know that the Schrader valve can be installed in the rear. Also, do any of you have any experience with a grill guard? Looking to install one of substantial strength but want it to look good as well. Also, noticed on some of the reviews, that the tow hooks aren't able to be left on. Not that I've ever used them but in the event I would ever need them would sure like them rather than tying off to other places. Thnks Again.

OP
OP
K

KarL45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 MDS
LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate

Well, very surprised and impressed. Got my LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate bags today. Purchased from Auto Anything on Thursday. They said approx. 2 weeks for delivery. What a surprise when they were delivered today at about 1pm by Fed Ex. As I got all the honey do's taken care of and the weather was nice, decided to get a start on the install. Not having a level pad by the garage, had to drag jack up the hill (about 100') where it's level. After putting down a 4x8 sheet of board to jack and work on, got it jacked up and removed the L/R tire. Then, removed the oem Jounce bumper. Opened the kit, checked that all parts were there, weather still nice so decided to start. Directions not bad but pictures were very detailed. Got all the brackets in place on the bags (went fast) so decided to do some more. Well, got everything done and aired up as just turning dark. Not much over 2 hours and that included r&r of rear tires. Everything fit perfectly and was able to run air lines to both sides of the license plate. Aired to 50# and will check pressure in am for leaks. Tomorrow plan on hooking up to 5'er to see how it levels. So far, "Very Happy". Will try and send picks of Ram and 5'er after hooking and leveling.

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
yes vary easy install with a helper we used a floor jack under the hitch only went up 4'' that's all that was needed tires still on the ground and the air lines I pushed them threw the frame and the valves we drilled threw plastic to the left of lic plate .

Hey xpress, do you happen to have any pics of your install, I've been thinking of doing the same?

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Well, very surprised and impressed. Got my LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate bags today. Purchased from Auto Anything on Thursday. They said approx. 2 weeks for delivery. What a surprise when they were delivered today at about 1pm by Fed Ex. As I got all the honey do's taken care of and the weather was nice, decided to get a start on the install. Not having a level pad by the garage, had to drag jack up the hill (about 100') where it's level. After putting down a 4x8 sheet of board to jack and work on, got it jacked up and removed the L/R tire. Then, removed the oem Jounce bumper. Opened the kit, checked that all parts were there, weather still nice so decided to start. Directions not bad but pictures were very detailed. Got all the brackets in place on the bags (went fast) so decided to do some more. Well, got everything done and aired up as just turning dark. Not much over 2 hours and that included r&r of rear tires. Everything fit perfectly and was able to run air lines to both sides of the license plate. Aired to 50# and will check pressure in am for leaks. Tomorrow plan on hooking up to 5'er to see how it levels. So far, "Very Happy". Will try and send picks of Ram and 5'er after hooking and leveling.

Yes please post some pics, I've been thinking of do the same install?

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Hey KarL45, do you have any pics I'm thinking on doing this if the wife and I get our 5th Wheel, would like to see and what do you think about them?