What connector do I need???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

208RAMMER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
:3.6-Liter V6 24-Valve VVT Engine
Hey guys,

I just picked up a 1998 Skeeter bass boat for my dad. Towed it to my house until he can come get it from Idaho next month. Turns out I never had the wiring harness plugged in because it is a 5-pin flat and the only flat connection on my Ram is a 4-pin.

What connector do I need to make the 5-pin work? Since the trailer has surge brakes, I don't think a 5 to 4 flat will work.

Thanks!

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
If you have a 2015 like your description says get the 7 to 5 as we are wired for a 7 way rv plug from the factory along with the 4 pin. If your truck doesn't have a brake controller from what I see in the wiring diagrams a 4-5 would work as the 5th pin is for brake controller. My boss pulls his boat all the time with his Yukon and there is no brake controller his boat has the surge brakes and he doesn't seem to have any issues. (And his boat needs them)

Going to big time edit this one:

I should of read more into this the first site I read into showed the 5th wire to be for brakes(didn't make sense because of the surge I should of known better). What I found out was it's for reverse lights, so when connected and in reverse it clicks a solenoid to lock out the brakes sp when you back up you don't apply the brakes. So if you can get the 7 to 5 plug it should make everything work.

Last edited:
OP
OP

208RAMMER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
:3.6-Liter V6 24-Valve VVT Engine
Thanks man! I will see what I can find once I get off of work.