what does the towing package add?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

38SPCEL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI MDS VVT
Go to this link and plug your VIN number in and it'll give you a build sheet of that vehicle. Bought my Ram used and used this information that it provided to make my purchase based on specifics that you're looking for.

VIN Decoder - DodgeForum.com

Hope this helps.

VTRammer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Last Fall I purchased a '15 RAM 1500 Outdoorsman Quad cab 4X4. The window sticker, under STANDARD EQUIPMENT, lists "Trailer tow w/4 & 7 pin connectors. Under OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT, the BIG HORN PLUS Package was added which included the Class IV Receiver Hitch, 3.92 Anti-Spin axle, 32 gal fuel tank, rear xtra heavy duty shocks + other comfort and convenience items. TRAILER BRAKE Control was a separate $230 addition. No mention is made about additional tranny or engine cooling.

chris1965

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On my truck the tow package included the tow mirrors, the trailer brake controller, receiver hitch, 4 & 7 Pin connector and the 3.92 rear axle- does not say anti spin.
The tow package was one of the reasons, why I bought it.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
There was a handful of things that the vin decoder didn't show that my window sticker showed under the option equipment according to my window sticker... Maybe the vin does not show this equipment?

Crazy how many items the Trailer Tow {Phrase} does not include that are pretty important with towing... Would be pretty nice to have a transmission cooler as well as an engine oil cooler added... One thing I noticed was the wrong axle ratio as well as the HD shocks the vin decoder said I had... Mine look pretty Punny... Definatley not HD...

This spring I need to get the truck into the dealer and have them install the trailer brake controller I guess...

Last edited:

Jim's Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 6 Speed
2015 Regular Cab 2WD Express...5.7...6 speed...3.23 LSD...class 4 receiver hitch...electric brake controller....backup camera

There must have been some deal on this package, as a lot of the dealers around here ordered there trucks this way. Personally I didn't need the hitch or controller.

Jim

blu3s94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Go to ramtrucks.com and go to equipment listing, shows you every single thing on the truck

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn