Can my Hemi tow my SRT10?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LightningRaper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Viper 8.3
Hey guys I have a stock 05 Hemi 5.7L, I'm curious to know if
I would be able to trailer my 06 Ram SRT10 QC? Probably weighs close to 6k pounds plus the trailer but I don't have trailer yet. I have oem hitch not sure what level it is. Anything I can do to up my towing capabilities if needed?

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
With the right trailer you should be more than able to tow it. Just make sure that whatever trailer you get either has surge brakes or electric brakes. Double axle would be preferred also. Do not skimp on the trailer, you do not want to have an accident with the wrong trailer.
The next upgrade from the oem hitch is to install a full frame mounted hitch, after that is gonna be either a gooseneck, or fifth wheel hitch. You should be fine with a full frame mounted hitch though as long as the weight distribution on the trailer is correct.

OP
OP
LightningRaper

LightningRaper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Viper 8.3
Def not going to skimp on the trailer that's a whole other thing I am going to have to research, i have a frame mounted hitch on my srt im pulling off as i dont tow with it, have to see what kind i have on the hemi, as far as what gears do I have on my 05... no clue w.e is oem, my pops just passed it down to me as he just got a 2013, just starting to get into it, my SRT has 4:56

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Here is a link to a place that sells car haulers:

Open Car / Auto Transport Trailers

Depending upon if you want to haul other things other than your truck you might look into one with a full bed. Make sure whatever trailer you get has frame mounted tie-downs, and possibly a winch on it. A good set of straps is also a good idea. Do not skimp on them either.

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I'm goin to more than likely say that you have 3.55 in the 05. Most came stock with them