car hauling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

effi1971

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a 2006 2500 hemi v8 I want to tow a 32 foot gooseneck trailer that weighs 4700 pounds with two cars on it can my truck handle this. thanks for your comments

Motorcharge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Depends on the weight of the other cars but you should be fine generally speaking. You're rated to tow around 10k pounds according to Dodge but I would be comfortable towing up to 15k pounds. I'd look into trailer brakes if you're going to be doing it fairly often though.

My 1500 with a 4.7 is rated significantly lower than your 2500 and I've got no problem towing and controlling my dad's 27' 11k pound camper but I've got trailer brakes as well. Where I'm towing is also pretty flat for the most part.

toofart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 8 spd
I'm willing to bet that 27' camper is about half the weight you are suggesting.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
It all depends upon the weight of the cars. Most cars (mainly newer ones) do not weigh a lot. Under 2500lbs. But like Motorcharge has said make sure that you have trailer brakes. But I believe that 90% of gooseneck trailers have them installed already.

Motorcharge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm willing to bet that 27' camper is about half the weight you are suggesting.
Cool, free money for me.

It all depends upon the weight of the cars. Most cars (mainly newer ones) do not weigh a lot. Under 2500lbs. But like Motorcharge has said make sure that you have trailer brakes. But I believe that 90% of gooseneck trailers have them installed already.

I meant the controller for his truck, not the actual brakes on the trailer.

RangerGress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0l turbo diesel
The average car is a helova lot heavier than 2500lbs. Most mfrs are battling like crazy to keep sporty car weights under 3500.

Your trailer has to have brakes on both axles, that's the law and anything else would be suicide. Your 2500 will handle the weight, but be prepared to get 6mpg out of your gas engine. A big diesel would probably get 10-11 depending on speed.