Dodge contact help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swede

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9 HO
Hi, new member, first post.

Got a 2003 Ram 2500 with factory fitted tow bar (2x2") square type.
I am about to get the hitch registred here in Sweden and the road ministry is demanding some kind of proof/cerificate/paper showing the maximum allowed tow capacity with the stock mounted towbar. The user manual says nothing and the referens to the raminfo page was not sufficient...

Anyone who know an e-mail adress to someone in the US (my truck was exported as used in 2006 to Sweden) Dodge company that can retrieve such info? I have searched my VIN on the Dodge US site and the only info i get is that the tow hitch was installed from factory but no weights..

There is no local distributor of Dodge here in Sweden, otherwise that would be the natural point of contact...
Thanks in advance!

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If you are looking for the terms "Tow Bar", you will not find anything.

Common US term is "Receiver Hitch". Any factory ratings shown will be with that stock factory Receiver.

I assume then that you did not get the factory manual when you took delivery of the truck used. Check the glove box for a manual, or the door tire / weight and loading sticker. Aftermarket bumper or under frame mounted Receivers have stickers affixed to the sides of the plates below and behind the bumper where they mount alongside the spare to the frame.

Hope that helps.

OP
OP
S

Swede

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9 HO
Thanks for your reply.

I do have the factory manual but the values are not precise enough sadly.
It says "maximum trailer weight up to 13500lbs depending on your vehicle specific equipemnt".

What I am looking for is something that states what trailer weight my vehicle is rated for.
It has the Class IV reciever hitch, mounted at the assemblyline in Mexico..

Some kind of document that specifies the weights (trailer, tounge) and that the reciever hitch is a stock one (I know it is, but the road ministry isn't that keen on just taking my word or some random VIN search function.. They demand proof from the producer)

I guess these figures and information would be quite easy for any cerified Dodge dealer to print out from the vehicle database they use, with my VIN as input.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
use the dodge towing guide

You put in all of the information about your truck and it tells you exactly what your tow max is and you can print it out. Don't forget year on top, it goes back to 2002.

At the bottom it also states tongue weight for your hitch.

You have to have some proof like window sticker of your gears as well. One of your trucks main factor on towable weight is your gears. Maybe it is on your door panel too?

Somebody owes somebody a beer, just sayin.:happy160:

/

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Swede

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9 HO
Sadly it doesn't cut it. Papers, papers..

Someone know a service minded dealer in the US that might be able to print a signed certificate of weights and states that the receiver hitch is factory fitted on my specific VIN.

(Stupid regulations, really..)

If you ever come across the pond to this side I promise you a beer for sure. :drink_nl:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I have to go to Dodge today or tomorrow anyhow, I will see what I can do.

PM me your vin.

chedched

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Pm me your vin and I can get you a build sheet. Should be able to email it to ya.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Cool thanks ched for helping, I'm sure that will work better.

chedched

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I just wish I still had my Chrysler login. It worked for two years after I left there...