Dodge Lean? Worn rear leaf?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Okay, so I believe that my truck suffers from the so called "Dodge Lean". I didn't really notice it until I replaced my front struts/coils and rear shocks, it became more pronounced after my new tires were installed. I measured it and its an exact 1" lower on the driver rear 1/2" lower on driver front, I've looked at both springs closely and they both seem to be flat while sitting on the ground.

My question is to the folks who have had similar issues... What did you do to fix the problem, any other specific place that I should look besides the leafs? I've already found a new set of springs that I will buy if that's what it's going to take. Most people I talk to about it say they have never even noticed it, but I know it's uneven and it's getting at me like nails on a chalkboard. I can post up pics tomorrow if needed, but any and all help is greatly appreciated.

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol my ram is my second vehicle. I had a ford ranger before this an it had the same "noticeable" lean an there was threads of this on those forums. From what I've read the battery, gas tank an driver are all on that side so over time I could see that causing this

OP
OP
SilverStreak88

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Lol my ram is my second vehicle. I had a ford ranger before this an it had the same "noticeable" lean an there was threads of this on those forums. From what I've read the battery, gas tank an driver are all on that side so over time I could see that causing this

It seems that those were things that I read also, I think my real problem is that I have to much attention to detail, idk...

aheeejd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
It seems that those were things that I read also, I think my real problem is that I have to much attention to detail, idk...

If you don't mind, & if you found/buying the leafs online do you have a link you could share, I have a broken leaf & need to replace, cheapest I've found was SD truck springs

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

OP
OP
SilverStreak88

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
If you don't mind, & if you found/buying the leafs online do you have a link you could share, I have a broken leaf & need to replace, cheapest I've found was SD truck springs

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

http://www.generalspringkc.com/Leaf_Springs_Dodge_Ram_1500_2002_2008_s/1913.htm

Shipping is a little high, but they are heavy freight.