No Running Lights - 4Pin & 7pin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

angussss10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi there,
I've tried looking for some help on this. I have no power to the running lights on both my 4pin and 7 pin connector on the truck. Traced the wire back to a splice that feeds both assuming the connection had corroded or something to that effect. Tested for power before the connection and nothing. I swapped the fuse 1st just to be sure that wasn't it. Still happening. I have power at the fuse box when testing with my electrical tester. Any common spots or places to start? I am hoping to avoid tracing the wire the entire length of the truck.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Need Running lights on my trailer asap with the days getting shorter.

Side note: I did find a random white wire with a brown line on the outer casing of it that had been tied off and not connected. I wondered if it was a ground wire that is affecting the running light. I spliced into it and tried to ground it elsewhere but it didn't help.

OP
OP
A

angussss10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The wire ended up being pinched and severed somewhere in the Fuel Tank area between the tank and the frame. Ran a new wire direct from the fuse box and am back in business.