towing with 360 questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbmitchell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 gas
Okay I'll start off I have a 03 1500 quad cab 2wd that is bone stock we went on a trip this weekend and I had around 5000 on my trailer and a bed full of camping gears the truck did great had no issues what so ever on our 200 mile trip when we came home we had to run up some good size hills the truck took it but I was wondering what I could to to get a little more power to pull the hills would a programmer do the trick for me also has anyone ever had your 4 ways on and backing up I did today and the truck started dinging at me anyone know what that about thanks

hounddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 laramie 2500 credit cab 4x4 cummins
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Your transmission is your weak link with that rig. Make sure you lock out OD, and if you haven't got them, 3.92 gearing will significantly improve that trucks performance. Had an '02 5.9l with 3.92 gears. Pulled pretty well, but the engine just doesn't have the power.

Not sure there's much you can do with it power wise and not burm up the stock transmission.