Trailer Brake Problems Ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Delano1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hello Everyone,

I am having a lot more trouble than I expected installing a Tekonsha Primus IQ Trailer Brake Controller in my 2007 Ram 1500 Hemi truck. The original equipment list shows that the truck came with a tow package with 4 way trailer connector.
A previous owner has since installed a 7 way connector, but there is no wire connected to the trailer brake pin at the 7 way. I also have the blue factory brake connector under the dash, but it has no power to the trailer brake pin when I press the brake pedal. It does have constant 12V power to power up the Brake controller unit, and it does power on just fine when it is plugged into the brake module under the dash with the wiring adapter. I just don't get power from the trailer brake pin when the brake is pedal is pressed. Any ideas what is wrong?

Thanks

OP
OP
D

Delano1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Never mind, I am getting it figured out. I thought I was looking for a signal on the tow brake connector, but what I needed was the stop light signal, which I found. So no problems.

Thanks