what to add

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

montrese04

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 single cab 4x4
Engine
5.9L
Truck is a 99 4x4 5.9 single cab short bed. Just purchased it in December and the rear end went out on me on a trip going from GA to Indiana. I was cruising at 70 with a 6x12 double axle uhaul that had about 3k total weight. when the pinion bearing just gave out. Now that's I took the rear axle assembly off I'd like some direction on What I should put back In there.
So cute away with disc brake swaps and if I can put a 2500 axle back there and blah blah

OP
OP
montrese04

montrese04

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 single cab 4x4
Engine
5.9L
bumpy bump.....anyone have any advice they could share plz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I think you could do a re-build on it and be done with it. Only 3k on the axle is really nothing in all respect. I have pulled many 10k plus trailers, and my maxx on the scale has been a grand total of 19,700lbs. My rear axle is a 3.55 gear with the factory limited slip option, and just taken care of.... some what. I recommend you do a factory re-build, but that is just my opinion.

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hmmm if this was me, id see this as a glorious opportunity to put a rear Dana 70 in! Disc or drum your choice. Only a matter of swapping leaf spring perches and figuring u-joints, yokes, pinions and the DS out.

This is a swap ive got planned out, already purchased a 70 to do the swap with too.