2014 Ram 2500 6.7 Diesel Cheapest Best Performance Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c0ach3d

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Hi everyone, I am looking for advice on what is the fastest and cheapest way to get more performance out of my 6.7 Turbo Diesel? It has power but I just dont get that thrown to the back of my seat feel when I push the peddle to the floor. I know there is turbo lag, but what else can I do to get that hardcore power, burnout feeling when I step on it?

I've thought about an air intake, but what else is out there for under $1k?

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
CAI will do nothing for performance on a stock truck but it will increase the turbo sound which many like. Getting more power requires a tuner. There are a few options out there for emissions intact tuning. I personally know a couple guys that use Edge and are happy with the way the performance. If you live in an area without emissions inspections there are some custom tuning options that utilize Autocal's EFI Live platform. The big caution is that the stock transmissions aren't designed to hold much more than what the engine delivers from the factory. Its not that you can't run extra power through it but you do have to be smart about it.

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Pretty much what Power247 said. If you are wanting a performance increase it's going to be be done electronically.
Efi Live is going to be the best bang for the buck hands down.
Aside from what was previously mentioned, another option to look into is the TS performance Stryker Module.

Cummins Powered

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 2500 4x4 3.73 gears,1994 Ram 2500 4x4 12 valve modified, Industrial Injection #5 fuel plate
Engine
6.7 Cummins, 5.9 Cummins
Hi everyone, I am looking for advice on what is the fastest and cheapest way to get more performance out of my 6.7 Turbo Diesel? It has power but I just dont get that thrown to the back of my seat feel when I push the peddle to the floor. I know there is turbo lag, but what else can I do to get that hardcore power, burnout feeling when I step on it?

I've thought about an air intake, but what else is out there for under $1k?

To be honest with you, it will always feel sluggish. Only way to get that throw you in the back-seat feel, is to delete all the emissions, and install Off-Road tuning. A good friend of mine has a 15 6.7 Cummins 3500 with the Aisin transmission, installed a PPEI custom tuning with AutoCal EFI Live, Bully-Dog GT tuner with unlock cable to unlock the ECM. He uses the GT tuner to monitor vital parameters, just like the H&S Mini-Max. He also did the egr/cooler delete, removed the soot cooker, and kitty cat. Installed a 5 inch turbo-back exhaust. They also offer a trans tune, similar to the H&S overdrive software tune. If you decide to go with a module, down-loader, or a tuner with emissions intact. You have to be careful, some of the companies offer dirty tunes, and will clog the DPF, and the kitty cat. Personally, if it was me, and I was keeping all the emissions intact, I would go with the TS Performance stryker module. It's a very clean tune will not clog the DPF or kitty cat. Your egt's will not go over 1,200, that's being empty or loaded, there is no need for gauges. The module installs in the harness, takes about 5 minutes or less. I have had their products TS Performance, on my previous diesel trucks.

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Thanks for the info guys.

I am looking into this product
Amazon.com: Edge 31106 Juice w/Attitude CTS Programmer: Automotive

Does anyone know if this is just a straight plug into OBD2 port or does it require the egt probe as well? How difficult is this to install?

All of the factory EGT probes are in the exhaust post turbo.

The EGT probe in the Edge kit would be installed in the collector at the exhaust inlet for the turbo. You can run without it, you just won't know how hot the exhaust is going into the turbo.