H&S users.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Just a heads up. Ryan has been revamping the tunes over the past few months and he will be releasing a second new release 6.7.48 and OD 68.9 very shortly. I think that he's planning on releasing it before this weekend. He has sent out some pre-release tunes to get feedback and I must say that these new tunes are freaking awesome. I've been running various versions that he's created (it's almost like having MCC getting all these new tunes) and they keep getting better. Smoke is way down, even on "Performance" (the old Hot Damn setting), power is up, the transmission shifts like it should, line pressure pid, high rail pressure option and a few other features added.. Here is a post from him detailing some of the changes being made. I am off to go load his latest tune that he just sent. :happy107:
Copied from his post.
" Pre-Release 07-09 MM/BM Tunes
UPDATE: 4/30/2012

The update has been released to the public and is live as of now! Info Here - Update Here

UPDATE: 4/29/2013

Download 07-09 6.7 Cummins Pre Release Versions for the MiniMaxx LINK REMOVED and Versions for the BlackMaxx LINK REMOVED (update is public now)

IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS - Replace all files on your SD card with files you'll download when following either of the above links. Update firmware on your MM or BM head unit using the files on the SD card that you've downloaded from the links. Install download and enjoy, if you encounter ANY issues whatsoever, contact me via email [email protected] . Don't forget to supply some feedback! Thanks! Ryan

UPDATE: 4/25/2013
This round of revisions is as far as I'm concerned DONE!

Whats new and why?

Transmission Line Pressure PID - You'll notice on the BlackMaxx and MiniMaxx you have an additional PID you can monitor now that wasn't there before. Had a lot of requests for this one and those of you with aftermarket trans or doing MCC trans tuning should appreciate it!

Low Boost Fueling Option - This was added as an attempt to mock the feel of the old Pedal Response option that was omitted due to trans line pressure rise issues when we used that option. The guys at SunCoast brought this to my attention when I had them try the pre-release software, coming from the .34 revision that didn't have adjustable pedal they realized all of a sudden the line pressure didn't rise appropriately at light throttle like they wanted it to, like it used to. I eliminated every variable I could until the pedal option was the only thing left different between .34 and current, deleted it and voila, we have line pressure rise again. BUT a lot of people liked the aggressive fueling that that table provided so to bring you as much of the aggressive pedal feeling that I could without messing with the trans, we have low boost fueling now. When you select "On" for this option, the ECM will bypass my rpm/boost referenced fuel limiting table and go straight to full fuel as soon as you mash the skinny down. Personally I hate the way it runs/sounds with the option on but to each his own.

Boost/RPM Fuel Limiter - This is something I whipped up on the back side that references RPM and Boost to see how much end quaniti0fy fueling the ECM will allow the truck to go to. You'll notice with the manual trans or when your manually shifting the 68rfe that if you pull down to 1500psi or so and hit the gas the truck will "take off" as it comes up through the RPM and boost builds, it'll be full fuel by 2000rpm regardless of boost. You'll notice a much lower smoke output and a very smooth throttle response under normal driving. This is the table that the low boost fueling option ignores if you turn it on.

High Rail Pressure Option - 26kPSI vs 27.5kPSI - The entire rail pressure map has been raised 1500psi in command across the board except at idle. This was done in an effort to squeeze as much economy and clean power out of the truck that we can. This particular option only puts a cap (ceiling?) on the map itself in the event you're not running a shimmed FPRV. I recommend running the higher pressure option if you can for peak performance.

Timing - Stock is -4 to +2 across the cruising range with 19* at WOT/3krpm. Tow/Street/Performance all are 0* to +6* timing across the cruising range with Tow at 21* at WOT/3krpm, Street is at 27* there and Performance is at 32* there. The timing curves/maps themselves are drastically different than before in an effort to gain as much economy as possible and peak WOT performance. Between the higher rail pressure and timing values you may notice a bit of rattle at light throttle in the lower power level settings and I know exactly how to make that go away but check your MPG and seat of the pants feel - let me know if you want me to put it back.

RPM - Soft Limiter at 3800rpm, Hard Limiter at 4000rpm - These are turned on right out of the box with no adjustments necessary. If you sit on the rev limiter too long and bump 4100 a few times you'll get a P061A and lightning bolt illuminated on your dash - which is our current hurdle to try and overcome to get more RPM out of these trucks. If you get the code/light pull over and reset as the truck will be low on power until you do so. Why more RPM out of the box? Why not, I think is the more appropriate question. Stock/small turbo guys wont be making any power up there but it's there if you ever need it. Manual trans guys get an extra 1000rpm of available power and 68RFE guys won't ever get to the limit unless you manual shift but at least now when you mat it from a dead stop and RPM lays over to 3200 until you hit OD/Lockup - you've got full fuel command and no limiters acting against you.

Fuel Quantity - All Maps have been rescaled so that 120mm3 is considered "Full Throttle" now. Why - At higher RPM & Full Throttle the ECM would pull fuel back to 125mm3 from 150mm3 and fought me no matter what I did. Now when you hold the skinny to the pedal and test out the new RPM limiter - it'll stay full full quantity the whole way up.

Duration - (us = microseconds the injectors are on for per injection event) Stock Setting is 1370us @ WOT, Tow is 1830us, Street is 2293us, 2750us. All power settings are identical until about 1/3-1/2 throttle then they start ramping up to their appropriate full throttle values."

Last edited:
OP
OP
NWRQC

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Sounds like version .48 is live now. I haven't checked H&S's website yet but word is that it's complete.
Well worth the update and download. I've been running it/ messing with it for about a week now and I couldn't be happier with the tune. Blows the old H&S tuning out of the water when it comes to power and drivability. I am not a fan of smoke so I am very happy that on performance setting even with my MP8 turned up all the way it has just a light haze vs blacking out the whole road behind you. There is a "low boost fueling" option that is a bit smokey due to more fueling down low, but I haven't tried that....It's to increase throttle response down low, but I favor the smokeless option that has plenty of throttle response.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
How did I miss this thread!!! Do you have a link, as I can't find anything new on their website.

EDIT: NM I just realized you said 07-09 users.

I know he's also working on 10+ users, getting a wish list going with all of what we'd like to see!

Last edited:
OP
OP
NWRQC

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
How did I miss this thread!!! Do you have a link, as I can't find anything new on their website.

EDIT: NM I just realized you said 07-09 users.

I know he's also working on 10+ users, getting a wish list going with all of what we'd like to see!

I think the 10+ tune is not far out. He's a perfectionist and we all benefit from it..You will not be disappointed at all...

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Ryan has been custom tuning some of my friends trucks even back when he was with EFI live. I'm excited to see what he comes up with for the 2010-up guys.

OP
OP
NWRQC

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Ryan has been custom tuning some of my friends trucks even back when he was with EFI live. I'm excited to see what he comes up with for the 2010-up guys.

Oh yup EFIBYRYAN..He's been a great tuner for some time. Working with him on the 07-09 6.7 has regained my faith in H&S... I was within a week of switching when he released his first "Pre-release" tune that I tried...It kicked the old H&S tunes to the curb..He has taken H&S to the next level, they have gotten more than their money out of him with his latest tunes..