loss of power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EJM05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
440 Big Block
ramhunter9 said:
cough cough 180 hp Quadzilla Adrenaline .. cheatin me 30 hp dam you

Sounds like ill be getting this tuner when its time.

OP
OP
dripley

dripley

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 2500 ho 6 speed 4X4
Engine
5.9 24v cummins
Ramhunter9 got a Quadzilla Adrenaline (150 HP)

I've got a Edge Comp (120 HP)

Both of our modules tap the VP44 so the module has the final say in what the fueling is going to be like and also the final timing curve.

Now for the Banks stuff I'm not sure but if it doesn't tap the pump then basically the module is at the mercy of the ECM and VP44 on final say. So if the ECM/VP44 don't like what its being feed it will simply defuel and/or retard timing to stay within it specs. So these typically have a smaller window of performance vs. a tapped pump module.

the ottomind tuner does tap the pump. when igot my new vp from blue chip i got his equivalent of the stealth cover. i might have a bad connection there or a ground or a boost leak. on the way to install the injectors i had 30 t0 32 pai of boost, the short trip right after install i had the same thing. somewher on the trip back is when it changed. i am thinking i have a bad connection somewhere or maybe the ottomind is having a problem. just need time to go over the wiring and check for boost leaks. hard to do it all while i am traveling.

OP
OP
dripley

dripley

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 2500 ho 6 speed 4X4
Engine
5.9 24v cummins
i got home this weekend and went to check things out. low and behold the main ground for the ootomind was flapping in the wind. new ring terminal and bolted her back down.

couldnt help but think of Mike because she runs like a screaming beaver looking for wood.

OP
OP
dripley

dripley

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 2500 ho 6 speed 4X4
Engine
5.9 24v cummins
:signs75:

:killer:Screamin' beaver...

i gues this means i am the little yellow guy. :lol:

kidding aside i am thinking that the power loss i felt like i was experiencing probably had some thing to do with the old injectors. maybe they were just shoiwng there age and getting weaker. not sure.
after the rv install i could tell i had more power in the low end but nothing on the top end. it was still boosting to 26# but would build slowly. the fueling seemed way off also. i could feel it in lack of accelaration and kick in the pants. egts would never get over 900*. when i instlled the injectors the ring terminal for the ottomind ground was not in the best of shape but i reconnected it and figured i would deal with it later. wish i had done it then. it would have saved me a week trying to figure out what might be wrong.

after connecting the ground i took it for a spin and the power is there thru the whole rpm range. 32 to 33 pounds of boost and the egts climb rather quickly also. just like they did when the ottomind was first installed. bear in mind this is at wot and i am having fun with that. it is all still under control in dd. but it is hard not playing with the power now that it is back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn