turbo upgrade??????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CumminsCrazed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins 24v
hey guys, i have a buddy who has a BD super B single hes willing to part with. Im considering buying it IF itll make a decent difference in my truck. my current set up mainly for power is a hot unlock edge comp, 5" pipe, fass fuel system, air intake etc.

He said he would sell me the turbo (2 yrs old) with the downpipe for 350-400 bucks plus the trade of my turbo. The front casing of the turbo says schwitzer or something? Not sure how much bigger the 62 is vs my trucks stock hx35 or how much more power itll add. he said it has a smaller exhaust housing for faster spool up??? Its currently on a truck with a quad arenaline - but its not turned up because itll toast his clutch.

So basically, what im wondering is for the price stated, would an upgrade from my stock turbo to that one be worth that price AND will it make a noticable difference in the performance of my truck. If so, what kind of performance gains will i see with the addition of this turbo?

Lastly, will i need head studs to roll with this turbo or not.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
YES ,,,, do it ..

I ran that turbo with my Add PC , 120hp injectors , **** injection , blah blah blah ...

It rocked .. loved the quick spool .

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Hard to say as I had allot of power mods. But it ran cool and spooled 100x better for my supporting mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
While your in there might as well replace the stock exhaust manifold ... better for that turbo and the air flow .

PM me if ya want one .

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
PM and info sent ... same one I ran with that same turbo

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Mmmm... That's gonna be a sweet upgrade :********:

Not sure how much fuel the edge hot unlock is pushing, but you might get some lag with that 62... I think if you ran with some 60-120HP sticks, it'll spool up reeeal nice.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Agreed .. I ran 50's ... not bad .. then ran 120's and wow ... woke that turbo up , but I was running a Quad

OP
OP
CumminsCrazed

CumminsCrazed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins 24v
the super b single is a 57mm :)

btw man, add the manifold to my cart, but im gonna have to wait till payday to do it. the guys i bought my clutch/trans from last winter gave me a hella deal on injectors due to the first 2 clutches getting sent as wrong units and 3rd finally being right.

so i now will have a set of 7x0.011 "150" injectors at my door step tomorrow

Last edited:

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
oh wow, this whole time i thought it was a 62! :crazy:

It's gonna be a wild ride lol... Keep us posted on the EGT's after you get the 150's... I'm curious... I'm wondering if it's gonna get a little too hot with the super B

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Mine never got over 800egt cursing with that turbo , 120 sticks and the 180hp tune ...

Now when WOT ... still not getting hot as my **** kicked in and cooled the beast down

OP
OP
CumminsCrazed

CumminsCrazed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins 24v
well i got my 150 injectors in and basically, HOLY ****! can i say TORQUE!, SMOKE!, and HOTTTTT! when i had edge drag comp on 5x5 and i got into 3rd gear, i ran it WOT through 3rd and grabbed 4th, looked at pyro and read 1500 deg. ****! turned edge WAYYYY down and now its way more manageable, however, i can still get 1300 or 1400 deg out of her when i get on it.

but i jst washed it tonight so im gonna really baby it for a while, im not a big fan of everything behind my tip from bed body line down to the bumper BLACK.