2010 Ram 1500 full exhaust question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Netman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking to replace everything from the heads back.

I will likely be going with ARH Longtubes (DHR34WC) and either Magnaflow Catback 16869 or Borla Catback 140307 - however...

I noticed both Catback kits don't have the intermediate pipe included (or have it attached to the muffler like some plug and play muffler kits do).

So I have to ask, what are others doing here to completely replace front-to-back?

I'm sure I could get a shop to make one, but that defeats the purpose of replacing it all myself in the garage.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
You would just keep that short 3' piece of factory piping between the ARH Y-pipe and the Muffler. The reason ARH does not include this pipe is because the factory piping is already stainless, and there are 2 hangers welded onto that pipe.

If you are set on replacing that, then all you need is a simple piece of 3" straight pipe. Ideally you would want to weld new hangers on that if you go this route though.

I would just keep that piece of factory pipe in there. That is what 99% of guys do that run this setup.

OP
OP
N

Netman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for that fast response!

I'll keep the old pipe then.

Is the old pipe flanged at the crossover (sorry, I haven't climbed under there to look!) and if so, does it mate up to the ARH using this flange or is it to be cut off?

Sorry for the questions, but I want to get all this right before I order, remove stuff, and find out I failed to do my homework!

Thanks in advance.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
The ARH Y-pipe has a 3" ID where the stock intermediate pipe has a 3" OD. You simply cut the factory pipe where the ARH Y-pipe ends, and clamp the 2 together with the stainless clamp that ARH provides in the header kit. Its a very easy install.

OP
OP
N

Netman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You sound so convincing! Nothing for a fat man is easy! LOL

Let me mull this over a bit and get back to you. I'm certain you deal with us Canucks, but at the current exchange rate this may hurt more than crawling under my truck.