ARH Long tubes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ralaubach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram QC
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well, had an exhaust leak and convinced the wife the remedy was a whole new exhaust.... Matt i finaly placed my order for the ARH long tubes, cant wait to get them!!!!

RamHemi5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
damn. you are one lucky man! I envy you guys who are able to run these!

California...what a joke...

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It say's he's in CA as well.

I could run them, no cats nothing.
Be fine until a DOTer randomed me and I got a 10K fine for tampering with a federal emissions system *GULP*

RamHemi5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Well Damn! I missed that! haha

OP, what are your plans for smog? Install the stock manifolds every 2 years??

If I do headers, I think I'll stick with JBA shorties. They are 50 state legal. However, you have me wondering....lol

OP
OP
R

ralaubach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram QC
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hahaha another benifit of being military. Drove home (WI) a month ago. brought the title with me and registed it in WI seeing as i still declare there. HAHAHAHAHA **** you CA. however i am still running cats. My understanding is that it will still pass smog with cats on, just not the visual. a couple co-works said look for a smog shop that is right next door to a performance shop. they tend to neglect the visual inspection part....

OP
OP
R

ralaubach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram QC
Engine
hemi 5.7
Now to figure out whats next when i get back from deployment

Torque converter
Or LSD with 4.10 (yes i know its not a big change, but its my compromise. truck will be the family road trip vehicle)

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Im waiting for kooks to produce them they will be like 1100 screw 1600 for headers and cats

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Im waiting for kooks to produce them they will be like 1100 screw 1600 for headers and cats

Where did you get that number from? The Kooks headers for the 03-08 Ram trucks are $1110 for the headers by themselves and another $860 for the y-pipe with high flow cats. That is $400 more expensive than the ARH setup.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Now to figure out whats next when i get back from deployment

Torque converter
Or LSD with 4.10 (yes i know its not a big change, but its my compromise. truck will be the family road trip vehicle)

If you have 3.92's now, then I would go with the converter. If you have 3.55's, then I would go with the 4.10's.

OP
OP
R

ralaubach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram QC
Engine
hemi 5.7
Update: Just got the muffler today. As always matt, great service.

Thanks Again.

OP
OP
R

ralaubach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram QC
Engine
hemi 5.7
Just installed these. HOLD S**t these things sound great. granted i was not able to get the muffler put on today so currently just running the ARH tubes and Y pipe. Needless to say it sounds F'ing awesome.

RamHemi5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
thats awesome man! tell us about the install. i am interested in how that went. any hiccups, or things that went wrong, or everything go perfectly? whats up! lol

also, ou getting a custom tune as well?

OP
OP
R

ralaubach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram QC
Engine
hemi 5.7
Install went great. hardest part was getting the factory Y pipe off the resonator. Needless to say its running with no res or muffler. literally have the ARH tubes and y pipe on and that is it. Sound soooooo nice right now. Took the wheels and the fender lining off to help make the install easy. did it on floor jacks and the help of a buddy who has done long tubes on other vehicles. looking over it all though you could literally do it with one guy, just not ideal.

RamHemi5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
thats cool man thanks, another question, i read in another thread about an ARH long tube install where he had to remove a trans cable bracket and just zip tie the cable up instead of mounting the bracket back on as the headers were in the way...did you encounter this? (not that its a big deal)

ATXHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Put a cutout before the muffler. Then you can have that awesome sound at the push of a button. Close it and the wife will be none the wiser.

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thats cool man thanks, another question, i read in another thread about an ARH long tube install where he had to remove a trans cable bracket and just zip tie the cable up instead of mounting the bracket back on as the headers were in the way...did you encounter this? (not that its a big deal)

I had to zip tie my shift cable so it wouldn't touch the primaries. I din't remove any bracket. I missed it at first and melted the jacketing. Ooops.

You also have to take the oil dipstick out then install the driver side header then bend it to snake down thru the primaries. I then bolted it to the valve cover.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
I ram my 03 with longtubes and an open y-pipe for a couple years...no cats either. That truck was a monster, especially after adding a bigger cam. I'm glad you are liking the new setup.

Yo Nadz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew Cab 4x4
I want. I want. I want. But so damn expensive =(