Big Thanks for Magnaflow 16869!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thetasigma1186

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wanted to post a message to thank Matt for the great service on the Magnaflow 16869 Dual Exhaust Cat Back system. I ordered it on Wednesday and received it Friday! Amazing!

I installed the system today. It took my wife and me almost 1.5 hours in the garage. It is definitely a must to have 2 people and a lift would be nice! Once you get the stock exhaust off, it was easy to get the new one on. The worst part was lining everything up and tightening it to make it look good from the back! You need one person to hold the system and the other one to tighten everything. But it was not bad!

I love the sound of the new system. I think it could be louder, but overall, it is great. I also got the Y pipe, but have not installed it yet. That may help the sound. :rockit: And from what I understand, it will get slightly louder with time.

Here are some pics.

IMG_0854_zps2b4c6afb.jpg

IMG_0855_zpsa4d90666.jpg

IMG_0856_zps9dd16e7d.jpg

IMG_0857_zps16f3ab89.jpg

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Mike, the new 5" tips look awesome. The tone will get a bit louder as you put a few miles on it as well. Also, as you start to add more airflow mods, you will hear a difference in tone as well. This kit paired up with a set of headers sounds amazing on these trucks.

How does it sound on the highway? Do you get any drone, or is it still comfortable in the cab?

OP
OP
thetasigma1186

thetasigma1186

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks great. I love mine!

Thanks! I am really glad I went this route!

Mike, the new 5" tips look awesome. The tone will get a bit louder as you put a few miles on it as well. Also, as you start to add more airflow mods, you will hear a difference in tone as well. This kit paired up with a set of headers sounds amazing on these trucks.

How does it sound on the highway? Do you get any drone, or is it still comfortable in the cab?

On the highway it is very quiet in the cab, no drone at all. But once you put the pedal down, you know it! Now if I could just get a great tuner!

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
That must have been the autocorrect on my phone. What's funny is that I get called Mike all the time as well...haha.