Billet Tech Catch Cans for 2013 8 Speed Models

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I just wanted to give all you new 2013's a heads up on the catch cans for your 8 speed trucks. There is a transmission line in the way that interferes with the current Z bracket that is used to mount the catch can to the motor. BT is aware of this, and they are trying to get a new truck in the shop so that they can revise the bracket. If anyone in Florida has a new 2013 with an 8 speed transmission, we would be more than happy to give away a FREE catch can to you if you will allow BT to use your truck to design the new bracket. You can either post up here, or PM me if this is something you are interested in.

I will update this thread as soon as we have the new mounting solution sorted out.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I just wanted to give all you new 2013's a heads up on the catch cans for your 8 speed trucks. There is a transmission line in the way that interferes with the current Z bracket that is used to mount the catch can to the motor. BT is aware of this, and they are trying to get a new truck in the shop so that they can revise the bracket. If anyone in Florida has a new 2013 with an 8 speed transmission, we would be more than happy to give away a FREE catch can to you if you will allow BT to use your truck to design the new bracket. You can either post up here, or PM me if this is something you are interested in.

I will update this thread as soon as we have the new mounting solution sorted out.

Good to know!! Must be the coolant line running back to the intercooler.

Sent from my miniaturizer via tap dancing...

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
I have not seen a new 8 speed in person yet, but they just told me there was a tranny line in the way....most likely running to the tranny cooler. Hopefully we can get a truck in their shop quickly so that they can get to work on the revised bracket.

Last edited:

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I know they have an inter cooler where the trans fluid is warmed to 190 deg to bring it up to temp quicker. ??? It's something new.

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Anyone in Florida with a new 2013 with the 8 speed transmission? We will be giving away a free catch can if you are able to let BT use your truck to design the new bracket.

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Just wanted to give a quick update on this. On Friday, I installed a Billet Tech catch can on a 2013 with the 8 speed transmission. The only contact with the can was just the wire loom that is attached to the front passenger valve cover. Only issue it causes is that it makes it tough to unscrew the cap because there isn't much room to work. BT will be sending me a spacer to try with our next stock order that should correct this. They have not told me if they just plan to send the spacer on the 8 speed models, or redesign the bracket all together. I will keep you guys posted.

blk00rt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Moe,
let me know when you hear something cause I am interested in one of these.

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
BT sent us a spacer to try out, and it worked perfect. I don't have the spacers in stock here yet, but they said I should have them around the middle of next week.

hemi8lonestar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thats interesting...about the time you posted this, i was on the phone with them, and the tech guy said he was not aware of any solutions yet.

Harrisb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I use the moroso universal on my 8 speed, works like a champ and no figment issues other than it didn't have enough heater hose....easy fix and the rear stock line actually worked temporarily connecting to the front :happy3:

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
You probably talked to Nick. I spoke to him the other day, and he didn't know that Moe's was testing the spacer. I have already installed the spacer on 2 local 8 speed trucks, and they worked great. The only fitment issue was that the lower end of the can was rubbing against some wire loom on the front passenger valve cover. The spacer goes in between the engine block and the Z bracket to pull the can away from the valve cover about 3/4". It is a very simple fix.

hemi8lonestar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You probably talked to Nick. I spoke to him the other day, and he didn't know that Moe's was testing the spacer. I have already installed the spacer on 2 local 8 speed trucks, and they worked great. The only fitment issue was that the lower end of the can was rubbing against some wire loom on the front passenger valve cover. The spacer goes in between the engine block and the Z bracket to pull the can away from the valve cover about 3/4". It is a very simple fix.

so if i order, you have plenty of the spacers?

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
We have 19 catch cans in stock, but I would need to have the spacer shipped direct from BT as they forgot to include them in our last shipment. They are supposed to be shipping 10 to us today or tomorrow.

hemi8lonestar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Im placing my order today...you can wait on the spacers to arrive to you, so they can be included with my order.

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
We have 19 catch cans in stock, but I would need to have the spacer shipped direct from BT as they forgot to include them in our last shipment. They are supposed to be shipping 10 to us today or tomorrow.

Just to be clear, what should we do about ordering one if we have (or will have) the 8 speed? Do we just make a note in our order? I don't even have the truck yet so its no big deal if the spacers are delayed longer than the catch can itself.

Edit: I'll just place my order and make note in the order comments that its for an 8 speed. Let me know if that's an issue. Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
BT said they shipped the spacers to us today, so I'm going to go ahead and add the 2013 8 speed option on the site. I'm expecting to have these on Friday/Saturday.

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
OK guys, we currently have 8 catch cans in stock for the 2013 8 Speeds. These are the same catch can and Z bracket that work on the 09-12, but we are also including a new spacer and longer bolt to make them fit properly on the new 2013 8 speed models. When you go to place your order, make sure you select that you have an 8 speed in the dropbox that is on the page. There is no additional cost for the added spacer, so these are still only $134.99 with free shipping.

Billet Technology Catch Can 2009-2013 Dodge Ram 1500/2500/3500 5.7L Hemi

dodgehemi0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport Crew
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just ordered one

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
I just wanted to update this thread. Dodge has some serious inconsistency issues when it comes to these trucks. Of all the 8 speed catch cans we have installed, only 1 required the use of the added spacer. Because of this, we are actually just shipping them without it as the spacer looks out of place. We will continue to keep the drop box on the website that allows you to select the 8 speed model just for our records. If anyone with an 8 speed has trouble installing the can without the spacer, please contact us, and we will ship the spacer overnight.

ncaabbref

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram Longhorn All Options
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/ 8 sp Auto
I will install mine this weekend and let the board know how not goes with pics..