BT Catch Can Installed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I just received my BT Catch Can today and installed it pretty quickly! I was hearing people talk about a spacer, but I didn't see one in the package, and the can doesn't appear to be touching anything. I also noticed other people crossed their tubes. I cut the tubes shorter and got them on without crossing them. The only trouble I had was removing the PCV rubber tip from back side of the engine. I just used some needle nose pliers and pulled. One thing I noticed after install is that can is loose from the Z bracket. I don't have an Allen wrench big enough to tighten it, but I will go by Auto Zone to borrow a tool and take care of. Looking forward to see how much this collects! I'll post pics tomorrow since it was dark after install.

Last edited:

09SMOKINHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
good stuff man.... the catch can is a great investment

OP
OP
VolsRam

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I'm at 3,100 miles now, so it's time for the first oil change. Since I'm changing the oil, I figured it was time to empty the catch can. And to my surprise, after only 22 days of driving, I had a lot of oil that would have gone into the intake. This is by far a great investment!!

2D01EEA5-7EC5-4115-896E-CC2AD4CAA08C-8838-0000095064EC1399_zpsd4203f53.jpg

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Nasty. It is sickening to think that without the can, you would have been pouring that junk into your intake manifold.

OP
OP
VolsRam

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I completely agree! Thanks again for hooking me up with the product! I am hoping to place more orders in the future: 85mm TB and a tuner. I'm just worried about having my warranty voided from them.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
The TB wont have any affect on warranty as we use genuine Mopar throttle bodies and only port the inside. This means, the dealership would have to remove the TB and measure the inside to even see that it wasn't stock.

The tuner can cause a little trouble with the dealership depending on the severity of the repair. Most dealers don't care as long as you set the truck back to stock before taking it in.

OP
OP
VolsRam

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
So how hard is it to set back to stock? I've never owned a tuner before. Also, can tire size, gears, and other mods be entered into the tuner to correct the speedo?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
When you plug the tuner into the ODB2 port under the steering wheel, there will be a menu option where you select the tune. If you have the tune installed, you simple set return to stock, and then it will walk you through the uninstall process (which is the same process you would go through to load the performance tune). It will correct the speedo for larger/shorter tires, change shift points, rev limiter, speed limiter, allow you to disable MDS, and more.