Diablo Tuner: 92oct on 93 tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WulfGang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I went to fill up my tank today because I had a nice discount at $.70 off per gallon.

Ran the card, went to choose the octane and lo & behold, the highest oct available was 92 oct.

I have my DS T1000 set to a 93oct perf tune.

I'm about to tow a bit and am wondering if I can run the 93oct tune SAFELY?

OP
OP
WulfGang

WulfGang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
well

guess there's only one way to find out

let you know how it goes

popcenator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You just have to monitor long term and short term knock. Neither are good, but long term is worse.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Its never recommended to run a lower octane fuel than the tune calls for, but your computer is programmed to pull timing if it senses any knock from the lower grade fuel. If it were me, I would step down to a lower tune. A lower octane tune with proper octane fuel will actually make more power than a higher octane tune with lower octane fuel.

OP
OP
WulfGang

WulfGang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanx for the input guys.

I ended up running the 93 tune haha.

The truck ran real strong with no audible or noticeable differences other than THIS TIME that I towed, I was using the HemiFever tranny tune.

Truck pulled great. Shift points were perfect. I never even had to turn OD off or Tow/Haul it.