Direct Replacement Muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thapr3dat0r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am looking for a little more rumble from my exhaust but not really interested in a full cat-back (expensive and I really like the oem dual exhaust also). What is an easy muffler that I can just take to any exhaust shop and have them install? I was thinking some kind of straight through magnaflow or something. I have no clue what the sizing should be. Truck is a '13 1500 Express Quad. Thanks

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
You can buy a Mufflex kit from him and put it on yourself! I put one on a QC with the owner of the truck and it's not bad. Couple of hours with B.S'ing and such...

OP
OP
T

thapr3dat0r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can buy a Mufflex kit from him and put it on yourself! I put one on a QC with the owner of the truck and it's not bad. Couple of hours with B.S'ing and such...

Thanks for the input! That looks exactly like what I want! I would do it myself but it is still kinda pricey for just a muffler though. I was hoping to buy a $100 magnaflow muffler and maybe pay a shop $50 or something to install.

Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Mustang GT
Engine
Yeah Mufflex is a great way to easily make a difference in the exhaust. They're pure bolton, just remove the 3 clamps from the OEM muffler, remove it, then install the Mufflex and clamp it in, simple as that

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
The Mufflex kits are designed to be bolt-on, and they actually use Magnaflow mufflers.

If you prefer to have a shop weld a universal muffler on, then you are going to want a single 3" in/dual 2.5" out muffler. Magnaflow offers these in 14", 18", 22", and 24". The shorter the muffler, the louder it will be. My favorite is the 18" as you definitely know its there, but it is not obnoxious in the cab.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Thanks for the input! That looks exactly like what I want! I would do it myself but it is still kinda pricey for just a muffler though. I was hoping to buy a $100 magnaflow muffler and maybe pay a shop $50 or something to install.

That's cool! I always account for my time jacking around going somewhere, and then there's the whole disappointment thing with people working on my vehicles. I just like getting it done myself.

Also, the Mufflex is all stainless which is keeping with the stock system. Most muffler shops will use aluminized steel which will rust through in pretty short order.

Chris

expressthis13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I agree with the mufflex system. Chewy and I installed mine like he said couple hours between install and bsing for a bit. Expect to spend some time getting the tips perfect if your ocd like chewy n myself lol

sent from tapatalk using my thumb :)

OP
OP
T

thapr3dat0r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hmm, sounds like Mufflex might be the way to go after all. I especially like the fact that I can easily go back to stock.