Dynatec Set-up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Hey Matt, Questions about the Dynatec exhaust set-ups listed on your site. A little confused about the descriptions for the set-ups on your site vs the photos.

For the 03 as you know there is only one Cat with Y-pipe hence why alot of set-ups indicate 04-05, anyhow as I understand it the Dynatech Midpipes set-up is for a long tubes set-up so I can guess the best option is to buy the whole thing (headers and Mid-pipes) rather than just the Mid-Pipes (I have shorties).

I beleive the 02 extensions come with it and basically no reading is taken off the other Cat and a **** is left in. I did read along time ago that the set-up for the 03 came with a splitter type connection to allow other 02 sensors to be worked in on the second Cat.

So heres my question (s), Which set-up do I need for the 03 Headers and Mid-pipes and do I need to buy anymore sensors for the Install and of Course Cost of the Unit (Shipping can be discussed later).

Alternative, is there another option out there for the 03 when it comes to a header set-up that includes Midpipe/Cat(s)?

If none of these Options are Viable I may just add a new High Flow aftermarket Cat to my existing Flow-Tech set-up which is a welded in Cat FWD application.

End of Day I want to Rid Myself of the Choke Point at the aft of the Cat and am Contemplating the Install of a KRC 210 and am trying to figure a total on Cost and what I would need to do the swap and exhaust Upgrade. :Insane:

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
I know we have you looking another way at the moment in the other thread. You thinkning of the KRC 210 in the ram? Its vary sim to the Crazy Spartan you tried in it.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Danny, like I said in the other header thread, I think you would be happier with the coated Pacesetters. Bang for buck, they are going to do the job just fine, and a single high flow cat will prevent any complications with having to add a second set of o2 sensors.

OP
OP
03MopaRamman

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Makes sense Matt, and got me thinking about just keeping the 03 cat and modifying the inlet/outlet to shoe into that y-pipe linked from Moes on the other thread. Although Nice the Dynatech is costly and too much hassle with the 02 sensors set-up. Thread answered Thankyou.

Ken as you Know that Cam is a 110+4. Not sure what the +4 means (advanced 4 deg) dunno but spoke to Sean about tuning and although he has tamed a couple to date, makes no guarantees but I have a feeling that he could do it and that my Truck would re-act OK. I do need to get back to a fellow on the Cam soonest and will take the weekend to think about it (Comes with DSP too). I then need to factor in the exhaust cost and tuning costs as I am sure it would take a few revisions. With that much Low end Torque Grunt I would not worry about only having a 5850 RPM Limit.

So like I said I need to make a decision, Other than my planned valve seal/springs/rods mod to happen soon my Truck Runs like a champ but being able to beat a fourth Gen 0-60 hands down on a 4Hi launch would be Nice Ammo and as I remember (Yep Stock Boys its very real and possible)that Cam can do a 5.6/5.7 with long tubes and supporting Mods that I already have. OK enough Talk, will let Ya'll know my decision soon and BTW this will not be a 3rd year in a row Cam swap in Cold Weather it would be a 2014 Project with maybe gathering up the parts this winter and putting the Magnums next upgrades (Inertia Big Valve Heads maybe a Spartan, Nitros and Mercedes Blue-Top Solenoids for the Trans and a Getrag 3.73 and Coil-overs) on hold for a while as to keep the Marriage strong....LOL.... but with the Truck Towing a Trailer I can sell the Cam Idea to her No Problem.

Thanks Guys
Danny

Last edited: