Exhaust help PLEASE!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Claytonhaton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 liter
Hey Matt....I was told you are the man to talk to....I have a 02 ram 4x4, and Im looking to put dual exhaust on it without breaking the bank. I have no idea what to look for. Any ideas?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Are you wanting true duals, or just a dual look out back? If you are mainly looking for sound, I would just go with a single in/dual out muffler and call it a day. This is going to be your cheapest option and give you the best bang for buck.

Its been a while since I worked on a 5.9 though. Do you happen to know the diameter of the exhaust piping coming into your current muffler?

OP
OP
C

Claytonhaton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 liter
not off hand. I just want the dual pipes out the back. I wasnt sure if I needed two mufflers or not.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
No need for 2 mufflers. Let me do some searching, and I will find the exhaust measurements for you. Are you wanting a loud setup, or something a little louder and deeper than stock without being overpowering?

OP
OP
C

Claytonhaton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 liter
Im looking for something in between actually. I dont wanna wake the dead, but I def want people to know its not stock:) Thanks for all your help!