Exhaust and intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmapes25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just purchased a 2015 ram 5.7 and I am looking to purchase exhaust and an intake. I have always liked Magnaflow, but don't know too much about the different options. I'd like something that is deep and fairly loud. I know flowmaster are louder, so the loudest Magnaflow option? At some point I'd like to replace the stock headers and hopefully one day we will see a tune for the 15s as well to give you an idea of the direction I'd like to go eventually.

No too sure on the intake either. Don't know the differences in oil or dry ect ect. It's a daily driver and performance is what I'm after. Thanks for your help in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
If you want loud, is a muffler delete out of the question? Mufflex makes a bolt on 14" Magnaflow setup, or a complete muffler delete if you really want to get rowdy...haha.

As for the intake, the Vararam Air Grabber is going to get you the best gains. We have a few customers pick up 16hp/tq to the wheels on the dyno with this kit, and I saw a member post here the other day that he picked up 18hp on the dyno.

I see that you are in Tomball as well. Give us a call, and I will shoot you a cheaper local pickup price. Because we ship for free, the money we save in shipping will go towards your discount ;)

Matt
214-789-1110

OP
OP
bmapes25

bmapes25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not trying to get too rowdy but id like to go Magnaflow and not sure about deleting anything. Want to stay legal and passing inspections and what have you.

I've seen Vararam is the way to go. I'm all for discounts! Yeah I'm in Tomball and don't mind taking a trip to Conroe to pick up!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Installed magnaflow bolt on catback, #16869, LOVE the sound. pricey, but worth it!

OP
OP
bmapes25

bmapes25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like that's what I want to go with. What else would I need for now just going with the exhaust and the vararam?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
What else do you "need" or what else do you "want"...haha.

We have longtube headers, underdrive pulleys, catch cans, thermostats, throttle bodies, gears, etc...

The only mod that doesn't work on the 2015's yet is the tuners. Everything else will bolt right up.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Exactly, where do you wanna end :D

The Magnaflow bolts up, stainless, has 5" polished tips that fit the exhaust cutouts better, sounds mild at idle, deep when you lay the skinny down.
:D

OP
OP
bmapes25

bmapes25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What else do you "need" or what else do you "want"...haha.

We have longtube headers, underdrive pulleys, catch cans, thermostats, throttle bodies, gears, etc...

The only mod that doesn't work on the 2015's yet is the tuners. Everything else will bolt right up.

Haha yeah want and need are two different things for sure. The better question is what else would I need to make sure it's done right? Headers I will do at later date. All of the other stuff I have no clue what they are and what the benefits are.

bigolayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So the Vararam will work with the 2015 ram? I was looking but all I've seen was up to 2014.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avurado