Header bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ralaubach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram QC
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hey Matt, I was looking on the site but could not find the grade 8 bolts you guys recommend for doing the headers. Need to replace the gaskets and have those waiting in my shopping cart, but need the bolts. I am not wrong in assuming bolts are a one time use kind of thing correct?

Thanks for the help.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Unfortunately, we do not carry the Stage 8 bolts anymore. They just were not able to give us decent pricing to be competitive. Another cheaper option is to just use the factory 6.1 exhaust manifold bolts. These should be in stock at your local dealership, and are about half the cost of the Stage 8.

nolimits76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Matt is giving you good info -- listen to him.

Most prefer to use the following bolts, that have factory lock-tite applied to keep them from coming loose on you. Price isn't horrible either. Steve White is a dealership with a large online presence in many forums. Contact Luke and he will hook you up. Yes, he charges shipping but my local dealer usually won't meet his prices.

Good luck!

06503131 - (16 EA) - Header Bolts; M8x1.25x30; Factory Lock-Tite applied

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All great info! That's why Matt is the best, he still helps the customer even if he isn't gonna be making a sale.

OP
OP
R

ralaubach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram QC
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thanks matt once again I appreciate your help. Don't know if i told you, but discovered a bolt had broke off when i was installing the ARH long tubes i got from you. Hence my need for gaskets and bolts... Sadly I had no time to fix it at the moment due to leaving for deployment soon after. Just now getting around to it....