Magnaflow Muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MusclezMarinara

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Crew 1500
Hey Guys,

Looking for a muffler nothing to lout but nothing to quiet have heard mixed opinions.

My thoughts thus far are the 14" magnaflow.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The 18" Magnaflow fits your description perfectly. The 14" will likely have more bark than you're looking for.

I assume you have the factory dual exhaust, and you plan on keeping the resonators.

OP
OP
MusclezMarinara

MusclezMarinara

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Crew 1500
The 18" Magnaflow fits your description perfectly. The 14" will likely have more bark than you're looking for.

I assume you have the factory dual exhaust, and you plan on keeping the resonators.

Correct just changing the muffler my neighbor has the standard cab deleted his resonators and it's too loud obnoxious IMO. So 18" would give me some sound and not be obnoxious?

14" too much ? Any drone? There strictly cut and weld or is the OEM one bolted with clamps?

Doc221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm in the same boat and went with the 18s. Waiting to install them next week.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I ordered (and reccommend) you order the 18" Mufflex kit.

It's a simple bolt in, all stainless (like you factory exhaust) and doesn't effect anything downstream.

I had an issue with the 3" clamp on the front and with with a traditional style clamp (pretty common issue) and had ~40k miles on it without any issues. I often wished I had gone with the 14" because it was a touch to subtle for me.

That being said, I think it was an excellent option. You could tell it was on there, it had more snap, and sounded pretty darned mellow cruising around.

OP
OP
MusclezMarinara

MusclezMarinara

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Crew 1500
I ordered (and reccommend) you order the 18" Mufflex kit.

It's a simple bolt in, all stainless (like you factory exhaust) and doesn't effect anything downstream.

I had an issue with the 3" clamp on the front and with with a traditional style clamp (pretty common issue) and had ~40k miles on it without any issues. I often wished I had gone with the 14" because it was a touch to subtle for me.

That being said, I think it was an excellent option. You could tell it was on there, it had more snap, and sounded pretty darned mellow cruising around.

So you recommend the 18 over the 14? But the 18 was too quiet ? Where should I order ?
Mufflex in trenton makes the kits right? 263 ish?

nwram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah,I would definately like to hear more of that Hemi I bought., but not a loud drone or harmonic distortion. Soubds like the 18" might fit the bill. Where do you buy to get the best price?

jojo750

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
i have the 14" magnaflow on my 2011 quad cab, factory dual exhaust.
its not too loud. but you get a drone while driving at certain speeds.
if i stay driving at say 55mph, its downright unbearable. i usually speed up just to get rid of the drone.
i hate it with a passion. literally, hate it.
but oh well. i live with it... :) because i got the muffler for free from my friends at Moe's.

OP
OP
MusclezMarinara

MusclezMarinara

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Crew 1500
Where can we get a "deal" lol

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So you recommend the 18 over the 14? But the 18 was too quiet ? Where should I order ?
Mufflex in trenton makes the kits right? 263 ish?

Yes! From what you originally posted, you're looking for what the 18" provided.
Often times, I wanted more snarl, bark and bite.
But I'm still a kid with my truck at times. I also don't have a wife, girlfriend nor family to get annoyed with a loud truck.

I googled Mufflex (this was years ago) and ordered it from some shop.
~250ish sounds correct.

I think some of our site sponsors might sell them as well with competitive pricing.

OP
OP
MusclezMarinara

MusclezMarinara

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Crew 1500
But I'm still a kid with my truck at times. I also don't have a wife, girlfriend nor family to get annoyed with a loud truck.

~250ish sounds correct.

I think some of our site sponsors might sell them as well with competitive pricing.

Same ballpark as you sir single work kinda guy it's a work vehicle light work I'm **** will pair pics up soon start a thread my jeep thread went crazy haha. If people want to complain they can get out of the truck haha.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
We also have them in stock at Moe's

We will match the $268 plus shipping or you can order it reg through the site with free shipping for $298. Which ever you find is a better deal for y'all.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MusclezMarinara

MusclezMarinara

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Crew 1500

~250ish sounds correct.

Oh no i hope i dont click the purchase button lol

Any codes for moes?

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
To do the $268? If you want that deal during processing the order place on the sale ticket $268 plus shipping promo per Matt and Kenneth. That will get it straight bud.

Doc221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Moes is the best deal. Ordering from Mufflex actually comes out more money with tax and shipping. Moes was cheaper by a few bucks and fast shipping.

jojo750

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
Where can we get a "deal" lol

i won a $100 "gift card" from Moe's in their monthly raffle they had in april. for every $100 purchase, your name was put in the drawing. so with the $100 credit, i purchased the magnaflow 14" muffler. i guess i shouldve clarified how i got it.

but dont hesitate to deal with MOE's. great prices. fast shipping. ive made 3 or 4 purchases thru them, and havent been let down yet.
:headbang:

Ceace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just installed a 14" Magnaflow muffler and stock dual exhaust on my "10 today. I am in love with the sound...not toooo loud, and not too quiet. I say go with 14".

OP
OP
MusclezMarinara

MusclezMarinara

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Crew 1500
I just installed a 14" Magnaflow muffler and stock dual exhaust on my "10 today. I am in love with the sound...not toooo loud, and not too quiet. I say go with 14".

Ahh crap I ordered the 18"