Moes Performance Rant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Custom_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've always had a good experience anytime I place a order with moes..until now, I'm a bit frustrated. I orderd 4:10 gears back in April and just purchased my lsd last week. Tuesday I went to get everything installed and turns out its a 3:55 gear. The ring and pinion shop noticed while getting my parts ready while my fluid was draining. Although matt did send me out a new set of gears I'm still pissed. Reason being b.c now I have to buy 120 dollars in rear end fluid ( b.c I prefer to go with mopar ) and had to pay the shop 30 bucks for a rear end fluid change. also I took the day off work b.c it woulda been to big of a hassle other wise. And I have 4 hours of total drive time on the rd. I'm out over 250 dollars over nothing.. and think I should get some kind of discount/hookup or something.. I would like to see what you guys think of this situation...at least he can sell these 3:55 for something when I send them back to him..why should I be the one taking the bigger hit.

OP
OP
C

Custom_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did..did I take them out and count the teeth to make sure it was a 4:10..no I didn't..wasn't worried about getting a 3:55 or 3:21 that he doesn't sell...

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
I bought parts back in January, received them a week later, just threw the box in the shop without checking them first. 5 months later I get around to putting them in and I got bad parts with the originals destroyed when removing. Long story short, my truck say for a week until I got the new parts in to finish the job. I blame no one but myself for not checking the parts and just assuming they were (correct and good). I've met Matt personally and get nothing but good vibes from him and it seems that he was quick to get you on the right track.

Stop expecting a handout and move on with life.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Things happen in retail and business, its not that things happen cause they will, its more how it was handled afterwords. Sounds like Matt took care of it in a rapid manner and I'm guessing he payed all the shipping to and from too.

Sucks that you need to do more fluid but this is also why you double check everything prior to install or taking it to a shop. not baggin on ya but I bet you don't do this again with any part you buy from anywhere. Its all part of building and modifying vehicles. Being infront of the hiccups that can and WILL occur is what keeps one from paying to do work twice.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Tom, again, I apologize for this mix up. I'm still at a complete loss on how you received a 3.55 gear since we do not stock or sell 3.55 gears. We have only stocked and shipped 3.92's and 4.10's for that axle, so I still do not know how any 3.55 gear is or was in our inventory. We buy these gears in huge bulk, and have never had a set come back that was incorrect or mislabeled. After our conversation a couple days ago, we even opened and checked 25 sets of gears, and every set was correct.

Despite my suspicion about how you received a 3.55 gear on a 4 month old order, I went ahead and hand checked and shipped a new set of 4.10's out for you the day you called me about this without asking you to return the previous gear first. I feel like we did what was right in this situation by sending you a brand new gear set without question.

I always do what I can to take care of our customers. I don't have any problem at all with helping you out on your next order. Reach out to me when you are ready for your next upgrade, and I will do what I can to make it right. Thank you.

OP
OP
C

Custom_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's just a ****** deal man, and I completely understand its not your fault. You will soon see that these gears are brand new..I never did receive a return shipping label in my email by the way. Get it to me and I'll send em back asap. I'm just gonna drop it n move on like another member said. Thanks

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I don't know how this could have been handled any better.

Realistically you can't expect a retailer to check every single product they sell before shipping, that's just impractical. Opening every single box, inspecting the product, then boxing it back up and shipping it is way more work than ANY retailer is going to take on.

It sounds like whoever Matt bought the gears from screwed him on this one. He stepped up to the plate and got you the correct set of gears ASAP without any additional cost, and that's as good as you're going to get from anywhere.

This is exactly how companies like Amazon handle returns. If they shipped you the wrong thing, they're going to do exactly what Matt did.

I'm also a little confused as to how this cost you so much money.

I get that the shop charged you $30 for a fluid change.

Where's the other $220 going to?

New fluid? If you didn't change the gears, just put the same fluid back in. Or if you put fresh fluid in already, reuse it when you put the new gears in, it'll be fine since your OEM gears are already broken in and won't lose any more particles in the oil.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Why not just re-use the fluids? You tossed perfectly good fluid because it was a little old?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
I just emailed that return label. Thanks.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Trust me, its happened in our line of work too. Blame the supplier, not the vendor.

Is there any markings on the exterior box?

I say Matt did it right as best he could, not his error. Simple mistake.

OP
OP
C

Custom_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As stated above I understand it wasn't his fault, whoever is in charge can delete this ******* thread..I'm over it

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Inspect what you expect.

That's how I was taught.

Glad it got resolved.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
You should have thought about that before you started it. He is a good vendor who has supported this place and taught us a lot of chit about or hemi's and participated in some cool things. If it was a worthy rant I doubt anyone would back Matt, but this was uncalled for IMO. Next time you grind an axe, put it in the right persons back.

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Why even talk back and forth in here about it. That is between you two to figure out, in private.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi

You have to understand man, most people here really, really like Matt and Moe's Performance. He's done right by a lot of people on here, and he's a great guy.

To us, you haven't really been here that long and you kinda badmouthed a guy we all really like and know is reliable, so that's going to create a bit of a backlash.

It's great that this is an open forum and you're allowed to post things like this, and I don't think this thread should be deleted to protect anyone or anything like that, I just want to be the voice of reason before anyone gets their feelings hurt.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
There's no hard feelings on our end, and I don't think Tom deserves to be given a hard time either as I can also understand the frustration on his end as well. He has the correct gears now, and I think we are all on the same page.

Tom, just reach out to me on your next order, and I'll make sure we take care of you for the mix up here.

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I personally wasn't giving either one of you a hard time.This just looks like something just you two should be discussing on your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye