Question on parts for my 2013 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Texas Boy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Matt I'm new to the forum as of last night and I just bought my first Dodge over the weekend and aready the best investment I've made. I'm wanting to add a little more power to the truck and I have been doing research on what to get and prolly will order from you due to I'm right down the road (I'm just north of Cleveland). So I'm thinking most all of the bolt on's with long tubes and a programmer once they are available. But I'm also working on a budget so I have to get one part and a time. Is there a certain order that I should buy them is so I can get the most bang for my buck each time?

Thanks

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Welcome. If you are looking for the best performance, then I would go with the Vararam intake, our 87mm ported throttle body, ARH longtube headers, swap the stock muffler for a Magnaflow, and then add a new tq converter. Once tuning is available, I would go through Hemifever to get a custom tune. That will really help tie it all together.

The intake and TB are going to be your easiest mods to install, but the headers and tq converter are going to show the best gains.

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yea everyone on here who runs the Vararam has said that it's awesome. I'm gonna be buying one by the end of the week for my truck.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Did you buy the A8 trans? Not sure they make a Tq convertor for it yet and whether it's really beneficial either. I guess time will tell.

Chris

OP
OP
Texas Boy

Texas Boy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you buy the A8 trans? Not sure they make a Tq convertor for it yet and whether it's really beneficial either. I guess time will tell.

Chris

I have no idea about the trans. I'll have to check and see what I have.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
It's easy... If you have a turn knob on the dash to shift, it's the A8, if not, A6.

Sent from my miniaturizer via tap dancing...

OP
OP
Texas Boy

Texas Boy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome. If you are looking for the best performance, then I would go with the Vararam intake, our 87mm ported throttle body, ARH longtube headers, swap the stock muffler for a Magnaflow, and then add a new tq converter. Once tuning is available, I would go through Hemifever to get a custom tune. That will really help tie it all together.

The intake and TB are going to be your easiest mods to install, but the headers and tq converter are going to show the best gains.

Thanks bro I'll be getting ahold of you soon for some parts.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
That's correct.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
That link just took me to the home page of our mobile site. Do you know the muffler part#?

OP
OP
Texas Boy

Texas Boy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Matt you ever have time to get me a price on getting that muffler installed?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Sending PM now.